Onboard Credit Gifts

CruiseBunny425

7 hours ago, CruiseBunny425 said:

Happy holidays, all! Some family/friends have sent me onboard credit as gifts for Christmas. Some are showing in the app, but others ordered earlier than the ones showing are not. Is this normal?

I honestly don't know if they still do this, but, you could call NCL and ask for an "Amenities Invoice" showing the assorted OBC amounts.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

I honestly don't know if they still do this, but, you could call NCL and ask for an "Amenities Invoice" showing the assorted OBC amounts.

Yes, they still do Amenity Confirmations.  I received one when I booked my most recent cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phillygwm said:

Yes, they still do Amenity Confirmations.  I received one when I booked my most recent cruise.

Thank you for confirming! I don't like giving outdated info.

We have not received any for recent cruises, so I thought that perhaps they ended the practice.

(Not that we needed them, but they might "feel reassuring"!)

I just bought myself OBC for my upcoming cruise.  Took a screenshot of the confirmation and they said an official email confirmation will come in 24 hours.  Never got that email but when I checked my account the purchased OBC was there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I just bought myself OBC for my upcoming cruise.

Did they immediately charge the credit card even tho you indicate you want the OBC the day you get on the ship?

Ive never bought OBC for myself but I'm trying to use up an Amex offer, but I need the credit card to charge immediately or go pending at minimum.  

Also is it refundable OBC and how do you get it back from NCL if you dont end up using it while on the cruise?

Thank you for your help

4 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Did they immediately charge the credit card even tho you indicate you want the OBC the day you get on the ship?

I've never bought OBC for myself but I'm trying to use up an Amex offer, but I need the credit card to charge immediately or go pending at minimum.  

Also is it refundable OBC and how do you get it back from NCL if you dont end up using it while on the cruise? Thank you for your help

3 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Do you know if there pre-purchased On-Board Gift Certificates are Refundable or Non-Refundable OBC?

If you pre-purchase NCL OBC, you will immediately need to pay for it at time of purchase!

If you do not spend the entire OBC while onboard your cruise, you will need to go to GUEST SERVICES to obtain your refund in CASH within 24 hours of disembarkation!

(As always, NCL rules are subject to change!)

6 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Ive never bought OBC for myself but I'm trying to use up an Amex offer, but I need the credit card to charge immediately or go pending at minimum.  

Also is it refundable OBC and how do you get it back from NCL if you dont end up using it while on the cruise?

Thank you for your help

It was pending on Amex for about one day but now it shows as purchased.  My case is somewhat different than most.  I originally used the Amex offer the day I received it to pay off the balance of my February cruise a week after paying this amount with another credit card.  My TA called NCL and the rep said they would transfer credit cards.  A week later the Amex purchase was cancelled and put back on the original credit card and NCL told my TA the rep made a mistake and it could only be transferred from one cc to another within 48 hours.  So now I didn't have the offer anymore.

We called Amex up and after speaking with many departments they said they would reinstate the offer but it never came back to my list.  They told us not to worry and just make an NCL purchase and the $350 will come off.  And now we have emails from them to prove this.  So I just purchased the two $500 OBC gift certificates on Friday.  Here's hoping the discount will appear on my next statement.  We were assured again by Amex that it will when we called again yesterday.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

The card went pending, but the offer auto triggered. 

Thanks for all your help everyone.  Now off to see if we can do the same for Royal. 

On 12/26/2022 at 10:23 PM, greatestvalue said:

Do you know if there pre-purchased On-Board Gift Certificates are Refundable or Non-Refundable OBC?

Not sure, but I am going on this cruise come hell or high water, so it will be used. Thankfully, I live less than 30 minutes from the terminal so no flight to worry about.

5 hours ago, CruiseBunny425 said:

This worked. Thank you. I ended up seeing it on there. 🙂 

Just a note of caution:

NCL tends to have "NON" and "Refundable" on separate lines on their Amenities Invoice.

You might want double-check yours to be certain. 😉