REGAL Princess food in the MDR

daka

I have been following these food threads.  We are just off the Regal, and we found most of the food to be good!   We enjoyed our meals down in Allegro more than we did the first night we went to Crown Grill.   My husband's steak was just not good.  My Sea Bass was great!  I just thought the sauce was a bit much for the light flaky fish!

Yes, the new embarkation night menu just does not look good.  So we managed to go get in at Crown Grill that night.    And the Alfredo is gone!  Except for Italian night.  We ordered it then, and it was so good!   As well as the eggplant parm dish, which was so good.  Who new eggplant could be so delicious.   The souffle that night was just AMAZING!  The Italian pasta sides were very good!  The buffet was very good too.  They had the Pub lunch set up in one section there one day, and another theme on another day.

The one thing that was not good, even in Crown Grill, were the steaks. The filet beef medallions in the dining room were really good!  And the Prime Rib on the last night was really good too.   But, just cut very very thin.   Should have ordered another!

We are on the regal now and I am very disappointed with the dining room.

The portions have gotten smaller and the menu has been reduced.we have never eaten in the buffet for dinner until this cruise.3 times and twice in the crown grill.

25 minutes ago, cajinyank said:

We are on the regal now and I am very disappointed with the dining room.

The portions have gotten smaller and the menu has been reduced.we have never eaten in the buffet for dinner until this cruise.3 times and twice in the crown grill.

oh yes same thing being said on Celebrity cc.  One couple said for Oceanview one week was wonderful and the next week awful and empty.

This might be a reoccurring theme of 2023.  The death of the buffet.

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

oh yes same thing being said on Celebrity cc.  One couple said for Oceanview one week was wonderful and the next week awful and empty.

This might be a reoccurring theme of 2023.  The death of the buffet.

Am I not understanding?  I think the previous poster said they ate in the buffet three times because the main dining room food was awful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stoneharborlady said:

Am I not understanding?  I think the previous poster said they ate in the buffet three times because the main dining room food was awful.

folks are saying the same thing about MDR too.  seems like food is becoming an issue more and more.

I just mentioned buffet thats all

Yes, the menus are more limited.  The embarkation night is not great at all.  But I was good at knowing what might be good, and most everything we ordered was nice.  It was served fresh and hot.  Not lukewarm, or dry from heat lamps.   Portions could have been larger.  Especially the Prime Rib.  Need to order more!  But most of what we had was actually good.  Don't count on steak, anywhere onboard.  Know what Princess does well.  We were happy!   No, we didn't get lobster, filet, and a huge slab of Prime Rib.  We knew not to expect that.  But what we did have was good to very good! 

• Like 1

We did the New Years cruise on the Regal. Was pleasantly surprised at quality and quantity of food in MDR. No complaints!  Also found the choices in buffet very good.  Sabatini’s as usual, excelled. 
Maybe we just ordered the “right” things. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Yes, the menus are more limited.  The embarkation night is not great at all.  But I was good at knowing what might be good, and most everything we ordered was nice.  It was served fresh and hot.  Not lukewarm, or dry from heat lamps.   Portions could have been larger.  Especially the Prime Rib.  Need to order more!  But most of what we had was actually good.  Don't count on steak, anywhere onboard.  Know what Princess does well.  We were happy!   No, we didn't get lobster, filet, and a huge slab of Prime Rib.  We knew not to expect that.  But what we did have was good to very good! 

You can request a larger cut of Prime Rib if you prefer but I've always found that the quality might not be the best and you have a large portion on you plate not eaten.

I prefer to sample a normal size piece first & reorder another if is it good. 

We did have steak on our last cruise but again it wasn't the greatest. 

• Like 1

Food on the Royal 2 weeks ago was sub-par and heard several others complaining…sauce on everything to cover-up the poor food quality…but liked the smaller portions…desserts were really lacking in taste…servers were great!