Havana area on Vista

tw67

I have been on Horizon in the Havana area twice.  I see that Vista is coming to Port Canaveral and was thinking a 6 day would be great in September for a girls cruise.  I have stayed in Aft, I am not a fan of the Havana Cabana's, and we don't need a corner wrap around.  I am finding that the balcony cabins in this area aren't part of the Havana area.  Is this true?  Is it really only limited to the aft, the first inside cabins, and the corner cabins?  I find that the rest of the cabins are just regular balconies.  We will book aft if we have to, but I was just looking for a regular balcony in the Havana area.

Unless they change it when it goes into dry dock, only the aft balconies, corner "Vista" balconies and premium balconies on decks 6 and 7 are part of the Havana area.  I don't think (although I could be wrong) there are any regular balconies even on the other ships...

• Like 2

On Horizon I had an 8th deck aft and I was in Havana, I just assumed that Vista was the same.  I never stopped to think that the balconies above the Havana Cabana weren't Havana area.  

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2022 at 7:58 PM, tw67 said:

On Horizon I had an 8th deck aft and I was in Havana, I just assumed that Vista was the same.  I never stopped to think that the balconies above the Havana Cabana weren't Havana area.  

Just had a mini panic! I booked an 8th deck aft a few days ago on Horizon (specifically for their Havana) and had to double check my booking. That's odd that Vista only goes up to the 7th for the aft extended. I wonder if they have more Havana rooms elsewhere that Horizon doesn't have or if Horizon just has more Havana rooms.

Just now, HxFx said:

Just had a mini panic! I booked an 8th deck aft a few days ago on Horizon (specifically for their Havana) and had to double check my booking. That's odd that Vista only goes up to the 7th for the aft extended. I wonder if they have more Havana rooms elsewhere that Horizon doesn't have or if Horizon just has more Havana rooms.

I think that Horizon just has more.  I really do find it odd.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tw67 said:

I think that Horizon just has more.  I really do find it odd.  

I thought the deal was that the Vista being the first in the class to have this area, just had less rooms as you pointed out.  Once the area was a bigger hit Carnival expanded to offering on future ships.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Caps_Shield said:

I thought the deal was that the Vista being the first in the class to have this area, just had less rooms as you pointed out.  Once the area was a bigger hit Carnival expanded to offering on future ships.  

I would have thought that once Carnival realized how popular it would be they would have started to add more of the rooms on.  

Nothing like looking over your deck of your cabin (not an aft, obviously) to watch the water, or see the flying fish, and seeing a tray of dirty dishes, swim trunks (hope they were swim trunks), remnants of a newspaper flapping around - on the Havannah deck below.  

Vista was not my favorite.