Flight Ease Flexible - What does this mean?

Native Floridian 26

My flight confirmation says:

Please note, however, that the original fare and schedule may no longer be available and new reservations will be made at the current available price. If the current price exceeds the original price, the guest must pay the additional charge, even if this occurs before cancellation or change fees apply.

I locked in at a price and the flight times have changed a couple times, one flight was cancelled they they rebooked me, but I had airline change the connecting flight.  Current fares are higher.  I'm about to make final payment within a couple days. Are they going to change my airfare at this point?  The HA site and the TA's info don't have the updated flights yet from American.

Now I'm worried about making that final payment at what I think the airfare is given what I read above.  What is the advantage of locking into an airfare/intinerary if it's not locked down and they can change the fare?

Edited by Native Floridian 26

1 hour ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

My flight confirmation says:

Please note, however, that the original fare and schedule may no longer be available and new reservations will be made at the current available price. If the current price exceeds the original price, the guest must pay the additional charge, even if this occurs before cancellation or change fees apply.

I locked in at a price and the flight times have changed a couple times, one flight was cancelled they they rebooked me, but I had airline change the connecting flight.  Current fares are higher.  I'm about to make final payment within a couple days. Are they going to change my airfare at this point?  The HA site and the TA's info don't have the updated flights yet from American.

Now I'm worried about making that final payment at what I think the airfare is given what I read above.  What is the advantage of locking into an airfare/intinerary if it's not locked down and they can change the fare?

I can't answer your question but am going to add my recent experience which has me wary of use Flightease in the future - '

we booked a flexible fare and were fully paid (before final payment date). We found a new flight for a savings of about $300 and rebooked the flights with it stating the $300 would be credited to our account on sailing (since we had paid early).

HAL changed out embarkation time earlier, so Flightease had to change our flights to meet the new departue time. The last change (which we did not initiate but was forced from a HAL  change) appeared to them wipe out our reduced fare savings as we were not credited to the $300 cheaper rate that we locked in.

We still have a request in with accounting to review this and have not heard back .... it will determine whether I use FlightEase again.

If you are flying from the USA - if the flight significantly changes after ticketing you are allowed, by law, to change to another flight at no cost (with the same airline).  That should be done directly with the airline once ticketed. 

HAL has no control whether the flight will change.

Theoretically flexible fares can change but I have never had one go up.  I like flexible because I am allowed to change my flights to get a better fare or a better time, free of charge, up to final payment date. Restricted fares cannot be changed   Please note final payment date is the date you make final payment not the official final payment date.  

4 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

If you make final payment early and then book flights on flight ease, does that mean you will not be able to make any changes as soon as you book the flights?

I only speak from my experience but I think it may be a rule.  We paid off early to secure a discount only to be told we could no longer change flights.  It is the same as if you had requested early ticketing.