A Very Very Long, Very Very Late Oasis of the Seas review

HLFam2022

12 hours ago, mikefromny said:

Must be Biden's fault. 😉

You are truly wise 😄

16 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

You have inspired me to do a "live" blog of my trip in a few weeks. It won't be nearly as entertaining as this, but I'll do my best! 

I'm excited to see it!

23 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

There were cash games for poker?  I wish I knew.  I was enrolled in one of the tournaments but backed out.  I played and won one of the tourneys on the Liberty but that was $100 plus $50 for double chips with 1 table and top two pays out.  This time it was $200 plus $100 for double with 2 tables and still only top two pays out. Didn’t feel comfortable with double the buy in for half the odds.  Would have jumped on a cash game though.

Totally understand your thoughts (and nice job on the win!). The tournaments were all $200+ if I remember correctly, or you had to pre-qualify at a land tournament for the big ones.

Cash games were $1/$3 NL Hold Em with a min buy in of $100 and max $300, and $2/$5 NL Hold Em (don't remember the buy ins). Several of the other players were interested in starting an Omaha table and the staff said they would open one up if they got five players, but I don't know if they ever did. No draw, stud, etc. games that I saw.

22 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thanks for doing this review. I’ve enjoyed following along with you. I’ve marked my calendar to look for you in 2049, hopefully sooner though.

Thank you for reading! I hope for sooner than 2049 too...

18 hours ago, Roybthered said:

What a really great review, thanks for sharing it.

Thank you for reading!

Just want to say thank you for your informative and very entertaining review! Made me want to pack bags and hop on a cruise, but dammit, I gotta get a knee replacement operation first. Coming soon though, so maybe the better half and I can plan one maybe next winter if everything goes well. 

We were on the Oasis back in 2012 and really enjoyed it, amazed by the size of the boat and despite it being a sold out cruise there was still so much space it was not hard to find a quiet spot for yourself. We also did the Allure as well and even though we have done a number of cruises on different lines we still maintain that Allure and Oasis are still our two favorite ships to sail on. For now until my knee gets fixed will just have to,, well,, just sigh while I'm reading brochures and pictures and reviews. 

Cheers and keep on cruising!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 7:52 AM, Dina7 said:

Though I haven’t been on the Oasis yet, the Solarium Bistro on Anthem of the Seas is open to all ages for dining. (Even though kids would need to walk through the Solarium to get there.)

Loved this review & your sense of humor!😄

This was true for us on Oasis but probably like 7? years ago? We walked into Solarium Bistro with a kid just not the Solarium. 

• Like 1