Walkable Things-to-See

GreenPastaEarth

Anybody have insight on some cool things that are within walking distance of the port? Parents visited a couple decades ago, and then we recently went back but couldn't do too much as my mom hurt her foot the day prior. Looking for something chill, maybe a place to eat or stop and view.

17 hours ago, Ms411 said:

There are 2 ports so need to know which ship so we'll know which port.

How far is walking distance for your family?

We’re sailing Carnival so I think we’re docking at Havensight. Walking distance is probably like a mile or two one way, we’re all pretty active people.

The Paradise Skyride/Tram is across the street from Havensight. You ride it up the hill for a gorgeous view of the harbor. Your ship may sell tickets so you may be able to buy inboard or at the tram ticket window. There's a restaurant and bar at the top.

There are a few shops and other restaurants at Havensight,  but none with a good view.

You can also walk to Yacht Haven Grande to the restaurant 13 which is on the water, but the view from Paradise Point wins out in my opinion.

If you like history and shipwrecks, the Pirate Shipwreck Museum is a few steps away from the tram and you can purchase tickets for both at the tram.

• 2 weeks later...

The area around the Crown Bay port where Royal Caribbean ships dock is much smaller than the Havensight area, but for most average fit mobile people, they can walk to Emerald Beach from the dock. May be less than a mile but check Google maps. Most people take a taxi, though, which uses a different route to get to the beach. You can't walk to a beach from Havensight.

A short walk on Emerald Beach is an inflatable water park. The youtube video I saw looked like a lot of fun!

On 12/28/2022 at 1:26 PM, GreenPastaEarth said:

We’re sailing Carnival so I think we’re docking at Havensight. Walking distance is probably like a mile or two one way, we’re all pretty active people.

Lot's of shops at Havensight and along the water front is a favorite restaurant of ours

The Smoking Rooster...try the banana pudding !!!

On 1/10/2023 at 2:33 PM, carbon said:

What if your ship docks at other pier? Crown?

If you dock at Crown Bay take the $4.00pp open air taxi into town. When ready to return flag down another one...you can't miss them they drive around shouting "Back to the ship". This is such an easy DIY port.

Sorry, I can't determine what would be worth it to you, but it's a beautiful beach. There are sidewalks all the way, but at one point you have to cross a small street to continue on the sidewalk for a bit and then cross back to get to the beach. You can see the route on Google maps, and if you use the satellite version, you'll see the roads and the water.

I think the taxi fare is now $6 per person each way.