Jewel JS 1598?

My wife and I, along with my parents are taking our second cruise on the Jewel (took a 10 day Panama Canal Cruise same time last year on the Coral Princess). We decided on a Junior Suite #1598 because of the larger stateroom and balcony. We were reviewing our stateroom on RCI website and saw a disclaimer that room 1598 has an obstructed view. We had no idea? Has anyone been in this room? Can anyone comment? Thanks for your help!

BB

only 18days, 7 hours, 3min, 10..9...8..7..sec

I spoke with my TA today. They were not made aware of this either. We are sure not wild about having 1/3 of our balcony being a "window washer". The TA is looking at upgrading us as they were not told of the obstructed view either. Don't know what is going to happen. Has anyone had experience with this? Either way, can't wait for the cruise!!! Thanks

BB

17days 11hours 17mins 30...29...28sec....

It's a partially obstructed view. 30% blocked to the rear 70% open. It really shouldn't affect your balcony time too much. The rear of the ship bows outward right behind the last cabin, and yes--there may be window washing equip. there, but it is stored and not just hanging out and being an eyesore! Oh, by the way, the deck plans do show that it is partially obstructed.

It's a partially obstructed view. 30% blocked to the rear 70% open. It really shouldn't affect your balcony time too much. The rear of the ship bows outward right behind the last cabin, and yes--there may be window washing equip. there, but it is stored and not just hanging out and being an eyesore! Oh, by the way, the deck plans do show that it is partially obstructed.

Hi cb,

A fellow Fredericksburgian! I didn't know there were any others here!

Theron

I feel bad for your situation of not knowing about the obstruction, and I do hope that your TA can do something about your situation.

I looked at photos of mine from cruises on the Serenade. Indeed your stateroom balcony is obstructed not so much by the cleaning equipment as by a structural wall what forms the side of the rear of the ship, slanting down on a diagonal across what would be open to the sea on any other Cat JS Stateroom.

It is likely that there are no other Cat JSs available; 1598 and 1098 are usually the last to be sold. Hopefully your TA might engineer if not an upgrade, some sort of significant other perk, compensation, credit that might make you feel better about things.

Having said all of that, even if you were in an inside stateroom you would love the ship itself; the Radiance class of ships are such elegant, sleek, classy vessels. They are our favorite of any line. You will have a wonderful cruise!

Bon Voyage!

Lana

Thanks to everyone that posted. The obstructed view caught us offguard, thats all! This is going to be a great vacation either way (Still going to be 8 days of fun in the sun). If our TA gets us an upgrade, great! Otherwise, no problem. We will enjoy this ship, its ports, bars, food etc... Only 16days 10 hours 57mins and 34.. 33... 32 sec's left!!

BB:D

Archived