Best cruise going to Egypt for kids

Eli_6

I was supposed to go on a land-based trip with my local museum by myself in 2020, but it was canceled due to Covid.  Now my kids are old enough that I hate not to take them.  Yet, I don't really want to do the "pack and repack" my family of 4 multiple times that goes along with a land-based vacation so I have been looking at cruises.  I am interested in taking a cruise that goes to Egypt in 2024 or 2025.  My kids will be 9 and 11 (2024) or 10 and 12 (2025).  So far, it seems like Celebrity is the best option as it stays overnight in Alexandria allowing us to see the pyramids of Giza.  I know the smaller ships that go up the Nile are preferable for this type of destination, but many do not allow children as young as my children.  Anyone know of any cruises that would go to this region and allow kids under 12?  Bonus points if it had a kid's program or facilities for kids. (That's why I was leaning towards Celebrity.)   

After doing more of my own research, it appears that Royal and Carnival are out as they don't seem to have any cruises going to this area. MSC is low on the totem pole because they cruise out of Cairo and it would cost me 320,000 miles for one person to fly business class to Cairo.   For whatever reason, going to Athens (where Celebrity cruises out of) is much cheaper and fewer miles...plus we get a stop in Jerusalem.  Didn't see anything on Azamara either. Still need to look into HAL.  Anyone with any other suggestions, let me know.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on this cruise through Norwegian Cruise Line on one of their bigger ships in October 2024. The ship has kids facilities, family programs, and water slides (enough to keep our 2 kids busy). It embarks from Israel and disembarks in Istanbul. We are bringing our 2 kids (one will be 8 and almost 14). There is not an overnight stop in Egypt, but the port stop is very long. We will likely do a 10-12 hour to Cairo as the ports are ~2 hours away.

https://www.ncl.com/cruises/10-day-greek-isles-round-trip-haifa-to-istanbul-greece-turkey-and-egypt-GETAWAY10HFAASHPSDALYHERJTRJMKPIRKUSIST?destinations=4294938496&embarkationport=4294923107&sailMonths=4294932301&numberOfGuests=4294953449&sortBy=featured&autoPopulate=f&from=resultpage&itineraryCode=GETAWAY10HFAASHPSDALYHERJTRJMKPIRKUSIST

Hope this might be an option for you.

Edited by sherrihall128
  • Like 1