BUYING FUTURE CRUISE DEPOSITS

CRUISEWITHH

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

Yes.

No - not in the context asked.  The OP will already have a booking made with cash deposits on each leg.  They would need to cancel and re-book new in order to use FCD's they plan to purchase in future. 

Otherwise, yes, a guest could be booking four voyages at once - whether separate voyages or B2B2B2B - and if they had sufficient FCD's on account, all could be covered with deposits for guest and travel partner and OBC's earned on all segments.

16 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Second part is,   The "cruise" is only shown on Princess as  2 separate cruises

that are back to back so we will be asking our agent to book them separately in which case

can we buy  4 FCDs  (2 each) and apply them separately thus getting OBC on each sector.

Thanks for the replies, stillseems a n+bit of a gray area I will try and get an answer from

Princess and report back.

I will suggest to them that this, in their terms and conditions may be misleading

"Future Cruise Deposits cannot be added to a booking after the booking has been paid in full and may not be combinable with other promotional offers."

as  I want to read it that FCDs  CAN be added  between booking and  final payment date  😕

2 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Thanks for the replies, stillseems a n+bit of a gray area I will try and get an answer from

Princess and report back.

I will suggest to them that this, in their terms and conditions may be misleading

"Future Cruise Deposits cannot be added to a booking after the booking has been paid in full and may not be combinable with other promotional offers."

as  I want to read it that FCDs  CAN be added  between booking and  final payment date  😕

Of course a FCD can be used anytime as a payment towards the balance owing.  But if you want to earn the bonus OBC that is a feature of the FCD, then you MUST be using it as the initial deposit on the booking.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2023 at 2:49 AM, Steelers36 said:

Of course a FCD can be used anytime as a payment towards the balance owing.  But if you want to earn the bonus OBC that is a feature of the FCD, then you MUST be using it as the initial deposit on the booking.

There are exceptions. I recently booked a cruise for next year, June 2024, direct with Princess, first did courtesy hold, then paid deposit to Princess, then had booking transferred to my TA and had TA apply additional deposit via a FCD and received the ‘OBC’ for using the FCD.

My friends booked Hawaii cruise on Emerald for August 2023, last month, they did not have any more FCD’s and placed initial deposit to lock in fare. Told TA they were going on Majestic soon and if they bought FCD’s , can they be applied to this booking to receive the ‘OBC’. Agent called Princess and was told ‘yes’.

When my friends emailed agent to apply the new FCD’s, she replied she was now told no, as normally the FCD date must be before the ‘booking date’ . In the past, like at least 5 years ago, Princess would ‘backdate’ the FCD and then apply it to get around this restriction.

My friends requested the agent try again, and Princess applied the FCD’s, do not know how they did it, using backdating or other possible work around, but it was done.

This TA also has an online booking portal, but it does not have the ability to apply FCD’s. When I have made a booking when the office is closed and want to lock in fare in case it is gone when office reopens, I will make booking and supply credit card for deposit. When office opens, I call and request a FCD be also applied so I can get the ‘OBC’ and have never had issue with Princess saying ‘no’, FCD must be used a initial deposit. YMMV.

Edited by wallyj
  • Thanks 1