How to book a cabin?

DB2VA

I usually pick the cabin i want and check price on line, then i call in and book directly with the agent that answers the phone. 

I have always had good luck with the one that answers the phone.

And when the price drops , i call in and get a price adjustment .

I used to book all my cruises online or with a RCI phone agent.  Until Covid hit and had to call and get thru with issues about moving sailings, cancelled cruises, future cruise credits, etc.  I learned my lesson and I will always use a Travel Agent going forward.  Now, when I want to book a cruise, I do a mock booking, find what cabin I want and call my TA and have her book it for me on the spot.

Yes, you can call 1-800-256-6649 if you have questions/problems, find a lower price, or want to change your cabin.  Have your booking number and sail date ready when you call.  

I prefer to do my own booking so that if I find a lower price, I can call immediately (even if the TA is unavailable or closed).  

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DB2VA said:

I know how to book online, but does Royal have an agent when you call their number if you want to make any changes or ask questions about your reservation?

Travel Agents are the way to go. Cruise Call Centers are only as good as the person you get on the line and it seems since the pandemic, the information has been 'less than helpful.' Travel Agents have direct connections with Business Managers and Account Managers that are dedicated to their agencies vs. an 800 Call Center number. 

It's easy to make changes, request fare reductions when the prices drops, get upgrades, etc...