Food review on the Enchantment of the Seas (November 19 - December 1)

I don't want to review my entire cruise as the cruise and service itself were fantastic.  

The main dining room food was a bit of a disappointment.  On the first night, I had the prime rib, and it was gristly.  In the past the prime rib has always been excellent.  This time, not so much, part of it was my fault, as I didn't want to send it back.  The turkey dinner on Thanksgiving was excellent.  I really enjoyed it very much, but whatever the pumpkin pie was, wasn't a taste that I was expecting, kind of like a pumpkin mousse, not my favorite.  Other meals were not memorable.  On lobster night (so looking forward to it), my lobster had a mushy texture and taste to it.  Kind of tasteless.  Other foods were okay.  One appetizer I ordered was the coconut shrimp, I was expecting more of a coconut flavor, it was okay.  One evening, they had carrot cake for dessert -- one of my absolute favorites and our wait staff actually brought me an extra slice to take back to my room for consumption later.  The carrot cake was kind of dry and bland.  I didn't eat all of my cake, not that I needed it.  I tossed the 2nd piece out.  In general, the soups, breads, and salads were tasty.  

We tend to eat our lunch in the main dining room, which we enjoy.  At one lunch, they had carrot cake, and thought I would give it a try again.  This one was very good.  

The Park Cafe has excellent pizza.  One afternoon, while on a sea day, my husband and I decided to eat at the Park Cafe and get pizza and a salad.  The pizza was great!  It is made is a sour dough crust and just enough cheese.  

I know that Royal wants to cut down on costs and encourage people to pay for upgraded meals in the specialty restaurants, but generally I don't want to spend the extra money.  

Again, our wait staff was absolutely terrific.  They remembered what you like and how you like things.  They really do their very best to make sure you are happy.  

• Like 2

It has been abysmal on my last 5 cruises this year. I’ve stopped booking Royal for a while to see what positive or negative comes from the new menu. I don’t eat at places like Denny’s at home, I don’t want that quality food on a vacation. Yuck.