Tender Priority for Coz Playa Mia Excursion?

We normally would just head to the beach on our own, but given all the tendering problems I am considering signing up for the Playa Mia beach excursion - it really isn't much of an excursion since you take your own cab and I'm wondering whether it will get you priority tender tickets like other more traditional excursions.

(Yes, I know it can be seen as a total waste of money, but compared to what one spends on a cruise - it may be worth it to avoid tendering hassles.)

Anyone know if you get priority tenders for an unscheduled type of excursion like this?

Since you take a cab you are really on your own. The price of the excursion is really just your admission to the beach. Since you come and go when you want and are not with an organized group there would not appear to be any need to give you tender priority since it really makes no difference when you go ashore. I guess the exception would be that they give you tender priorty simply because you have purchased an excursion from the ship even though there is no specific departure time for you excursion.

That is my question though - do you get tender priority because you have booked the excursion through the ship, even though as a practical matter you have absolutely no need of priority?

Good question. I would like to know as well.

I was on the Enchantment in January and the tendering really was a problem. They started handing out tender tickets at 9:00 am and so I was in line then for a regular tender ticket. They were scheduled to start the tender process at 9:30am.

Since I had an early tender pass (I was in group 4) we just waited in the Atrium area. We waited until 11:15 to be called for a tender! And when we finally got on the tender it held 600 people. This wasn't the first tender out because that was for the passangers with organized ship excursions but I was on the next one after that.

Since I wasn't on that first tender with the organized excursions I really have no idea what time they got out but if it was 9:30 or so it certainly would have been worth my money to pay for that excursion if it meant getting on that tender!

So now I'm going back on the Enchantment (same cruise exactly) in just two more weeks. This time with my dh and kids, the first time was with girlfriends. Does anyone know the answer to the OP's question?

Hi,

We took a cruise on her in Feb. The people on excursions got tender tickets 1. The tenders started out about 9am and hold about 200 people at a time. It's rather an easy process. Hope you all enjoy your trip.

Amy

Archived