Price change question Prime Aqua Patagonia Eclipse 2023-2024

zitsky

First time cruising that I’ve seen a big price change.  Have not done many X cruises.

Eclipse South America 2023-2024

My booking is Aquaclass A1.  TA says A1 sold out but Celebrity is selling “Prime Aqua” for $1,000 less than my booking.  I asked can we get price change or extra OBC with our non refundable deposit before final payment.  She says no.  And we would lose our ELEVATE and/or other perks.  (I agree.)

Is my TA right?  Would it be worth calling Celebrity about this if they even would talk to me?  Perhaps because we made our deposit, then price is fixed?

27 minutes ago, zitsky said:

First time cruising that I’ve seen a big price change.  Have not done many X cruises.

Eclipse South America 2023-2024

My booking is Aquaclass A1.  TA says A1 sold out but Celebrity is selling “Prime Aqua” for $1,000 less than my booking.  I asked can we get price change or extra OBC with our non refundable deposit before final payment.  She says no.  And we would lose our ELEVATE and/or other perks.  (I agree.)

Is my TA right?  Would it be worth calling Celebrity about this if they even would talk to me?  Perhaps because we made our deposit, then price is fixed?

Since this is before final payment, you should be able to get the price change.  One exception to this is if your category is sold out then it is difficult to get the price change (often there is no price to see if the category is sold out).  Obviously what is confusing is that A1 is Prime AquaClass, so it sound like Celebrity and your TA disagree on whether your cabin is sold out or not.  However when I go to Celebrity's website and look at your Eclipse 2023-2024 holiday sailing, I see that there are many unsold A1 cabins.  I would press this issue further with your TA because I think she is wrong about the sold out status of your cabin category.

• Like 1

You would lose Elevate if you re-price and there has to be unsold cabins in your specific subcategory (which sounds like there are) in order to get a price reduction. If it is a specific promotion only for new bookings and you have a non-refundable deposit, then you have to factor in the change fee to cancel and re-book. 

Celebrity won’t talk to you, if you have a TA so I would suggest trying to talk to your TA again. 

A1 changes to Prime Aqua Class in 2023. That is what the deck plans shows.

I would suggest you price out the current perks that you will use to see if there really is a savings. We leave grats in place and we use WiFi. We like the beverage package at the “right” price. OBC is sometimes a challenge to use. Sometimes it makes sense for us to have the perks and sometimes it doesn’t.

8 minutes ago, cruzzzinma said:

A1 changes to Prime Aqua Class in 2023. That is what the deck plans shows.

I would suggest you price out the current perks that you will use to see if there really is a savings. We leave grats in place and we use WiFi. We like the beverage package at the “right” price. OBC is sometimes a challenge to use. Sometimes it makes sense for us to have the perks and sometimes it doesn’t.

The name changes but it's still Cat A1 at least according to Celebrity's deck plan

Edited by mahdnc

Thanks.  I guess I need to do the math on the elevate package.  Premium drink package, basic Wi-Fi, tips.  I figure a few hundred $, maybe $500?  Off the top of my head.

I don’t want to mess up the booking, but I think we could get a few hundred more in OBC.  Is that realistic?

Just now, zitsky said:

Thanks.  I guess I need to do the math on the elevate package.  Premium drink package, basic Wi-Fi, tips.  I figure a few hundred $, maybe $500?  Off the top of my head.

I don’t want to mess up the booking, but I think we could get a few hundred more in OBC.  Is that realistic?

My expectation is that you should be getting a reduction in price and not OBC since you are not past the final payment date.  You should be evaluating that vs the loss of the Elevate Package.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

My expectation is that you should be getting a reduction in price and not OBC since you are not past the final payment date.  You should be evaluating that vs the loss of the Elevate Package.

Yes I need to calculate value of Elevate package.  Thanks.