Off the Chain while Price-Checking!

jencruzin

In December, I booked a 4-day cruise on the Liberty for May 2023 at a bargain:  $727 (total for 2 people including fare, fees and taxes).  Today the same category cabin is $1702.  Yikes!

Edited by mpcaruth
  • Like 1

Just for fun I checked dec 2023. My balcony now costs 2k. Huge jump. Was like 1450 originally and now 2k. 

Until or unless I move to Florida i might not be booking any more rcl cruises. 

My 14 day carnival dream going up at dizzying speed as well. My category long since sold out. Inside gty starts 3198 plus taxes and fees. No way. 

Everything I look at is sky rocketing. Shocking how fast the increases are. They all lost their minds. I'm ready to stay home at these prices. 

• Like 3

This is all due to no regrets booking. Post pandemic fewer people are putting things off and its more of a you only live once mentality. 

This is driving large demand to people to go longer haul, try that cruise they always thought about etc. etc.  There are deals out there but overall bookings are up across the industry from many nearly collapsing, can't blame them for putting prices up its a supply and demand industry after all.