My day in Cartagena

rideev

Of the Emerald Princess, we took the old city and your on your own.  It was about the only thing left that didn't involve a boat.

Got on a bus right outside the ship.  They took us to the old city and narrated along the way.  They parked, and then we did a walking tour with narration.  Then we got to the meeting point and he let us all go out own way.  He took most of the group to an emerald museum (included) but we didn't go.  We just wanted to sit in the AC somewhere and get a cold drink and a small bite to eat.  We had almost 2 hours on our own.  We went back to a little cafe we saw along the way.  It was wonderful.  2 ham sandwiches and fries (which we couldn't finish), a coke and a cheesecake for less than $20.  I was happy.  At the meeting point, we walked a short walk back to the bus, then drive back to port.  

I would go again just to get off the ship.  But it was hot.  December 30th.  90 degrees out, feels like 100.  That's what the weather app said and I believe it.  

There were plenty of vendors, but they weren't nearly as bad as we expected.  If you said No Gracias, they left us alone.  None came in the cafe.

https://erase-un-cafe.cluvi.co/erase-un-cafe/subcategories?maincategory_id=503

IMG_20221230_125844011.jpg

IMG_20221230_131850042.jpg

IMG_20221230_124409871.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for your description of your day there. We’re on the emerald in April and looking forward to finally getting to take one of the Panama Canal cruises. 
BTW I see you’re from Knoxville. We’re just a few miles with and east of you.  Have a good one. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dianeh said:

What currency did you use?

American Express Credit Card.  While eating there, local guide say at the table next to us with a couple that paid before us.  They were going to pay with dollars.  He told them they would get a better rate with credit card, and he was correct.  Everything at this ship was priced in Columbian pesos.  Just used phone to get the conversion rate.  It was very inexpensive (I thought) but a really nice shop.

9 hours ago, CruiseMomTX said:

Thank you for the information!  That dessert looks delicious, what is it?

They called it a tangerine.  It was just a cheesecake ball.  It was good, but I was expecting an orange flavored something.  I didn't know what I was ordering, just saw it and had to have it, lol.

47 minutes ago, rideev said:

They called it a tangerine.  It was just a cheesecake ball.  It was good, but I was expecting an orange flavored something.  I didn't know what I was ordering, just saw it and had to have it, lol.

I think I would have also expected an orange flavor too.  Honestly I thought the same when I saw your picture of it...I have to find that place and have that dessert!  Were booked Dora for a tour and hoping we have free time in that area so I can get that dessert, lol.