Coco cay thrill park, any way to price it for our port day pre booking?

Haven’t considered cruising since our 3/20 one was cancelled.  Ready to sail again 🙂.  

Since it’s been awhile, admittedly fuzzy as to current procedures.  Could be I’m missing something here, apologies if this Q has been answered but, can’t find any comparable recent threads.

I’ve booked two cruises on RCCL for next year.  This includes one as an add on to our annual disney world trip with Grand daughter.  She is very keen to visit Coco Cay’s Thrill Park for the first time.  

It’s bad enough that this short, 3 day cruise for 3 pp end of June is more than the 9 day one we booked for 2 pp in May😑.  I’m seeing $196 pp for the water park.  Talk about doing a double take.🙈. She’s not old enough to do the park alone, the mr and I have little interest in it.

After stewing on this for half a day, decided to check the same cruise date on the other end of our land portion of the trip, it’s $500 less.  I’d have already jumped ship but, would like to know the going rate for the Thrill Park first.

Called RCCL and told that’s ‘a no can do’ ??? I’d have to actually book the new cruise to see how much the day pass would cost…seriously, Is this true?  Hard to believe the can’t/won’t give out the info pre booking.

I did search the roll call thread here, hoping somebody on it could check the price of the water park, nope…nothing posted for that cruise.

Really don’t want to go thru booking another cruise for the other date just to find out the price of the water park.   Nor do I want to switch the original cruise/rebook; then possibly finding out that the new date’s water park fee  is even higher than approx $200 PP

Does the Thrill Park fee ever go higher than $200 pp?

7 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Not sure how old your granddaughter is but there are a lot of fun things to do on Coco Cay that cost zero….😎😎

So true. The mr & I are looking forward to just chilling during our stop there in May (wherein the thrill park is less than half the price if we were so inclined lol).

Unfortunately, we had our trip in 2020 cancelled that we had promised her.  Focus of working in such a short cruise is for her to finally have a go at it.  

• Like 1

I think it depends on how many ships will be in port, and if they expect a lot of children (holidays, summer breaks, weekend getaways etc).

For my recent Thanksgiving cruise the price was really high, I don't remember anymore the exact price but it was somewhere around $150 or maybe even $175. I don't think it got to $196, and it definitely never went over $200, but it was $150 or more. 

We were on Symphony (a big Oasis class ship) during a family holiday, so lots of kids, but we were the only ship in port. 

I didn't think it was worth it so I didn't buy it, but having seen it, I think if I had to walk a kid age 15 or under past it, they would have wished they could go. My 20 year old saw it online before the trip and wanted to go, but once I told her the price she didn't think it was worth it anymore, but I don't know if she'd have thought about it that way when she was younger.

We sail in May. Are you sure you’re looking at the Thrill instead of the Beach Club?  Here are the prices I see for our trip. If yours is truly coming up at that high of a price, take your grandkiddo to one of the Disney waterparks instead. Either would be a fraction of the price and much more worth it.   

1F3D84A3-C859-4D7D-AA16-BE436416511D.jpeg

Edited by monorail81

4 hours ago, keishashadow said:

Haven’t considered cruising since our 3/20 one was cancelled.  Ready to sail again 🙂.  

Since it’s been awhile, admittedly fuzzy as to current procedures.  Could be I’m missing something here, apologies if this Q has been answered but, can’t find any comparable recent threads.

I’ve booked two cruises on RCCL for next year.  This includes one as an add on to our annual disney world trip with Grand daughter.  She is very keen to visit Coco Cay’s Thrill Park for the first time.  

It’s bad enough that this short, 3 day cruise for 3 pp end of June is more than the 9 day one we booked for 2 pp in May😑.  I’m seeing $196 pp for the water park.  Talk about doing a double take.🙈. She’s not old enough to do the park alone, the mr and I have little interest in it.

After stewing on this for half a day, decided to check the same cruise date on the other end of our land portion of the trip, it’s $500 less.  I’d have already jumped ship but, would like to know the going rate for the Thrill Park first.

Called RCCL and told that’s ‘a no can do’ ??? I’d have to actually book the new cruise to see how much the day pass would cost…seriously, Is this true?  Hard to believe the can’t/won’t give out the info pre booking.

I did search the roll call thread here, hoping somebody on it could check the price of the water park, nope…nothing posted for that cruise.

Really don’t want to go thru booking another cruise for the other date just to find out the price of the water park.   Nor do I want to switch the original cruise/rebook; then possibly finding out that the new date’s water park fee  is even higher than approx $200 PP

Does the Thrill Park fee ever go higher than $200 pp?

This is actually possible. Sad that Royal won't tell you what the price is. Found this trick out myself. Note, you must log out of the Royal Caribbean website before entering the url.

It just involves a little URL parameter adjusting.

Here's the base URL for the beverage package page (you can then navigate to any page from there as you normally would):

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/beverage?bookingId=0000000&shipCode={ShipCode}&sailDate={YYYYMMDD}

Simply replace the {ShipCode} portion of the URL with the ship code you're looking for.  You can find the ship code by doing a search with on the main "Find A Cruise" page and filter down to the ship you're looking for.  The ship code will then be shown in the URL for that filtered page.

Also replace the {YYYYMMDD} with the sail date of the cruise you want to look at.

So, if you wanted to see the price for the beverage packages for Wonder of the Seas Aug 27, 2023 sailing, the URL is:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/beverage?bookingId=0000000&shipCode=WN&sailDate=20230827

Let me know how it goes!

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2022 at 12:52 AM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

This is actually possible. Sad that Royal won't tell you what the price is. Found this trick out myself. Note, you must log out of the Royal Caribbean website before entering the url.

It just involves a little URL parameter adjusting.

Here's the base URL for the beverage package page (you can then navigate to any page from there as you normally would):

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/beverage?bookingId=0000000&shipCode={ShipCode}&sailDate={YYYYMMDD}

Simply replace the {ShipCode} portion of the URL with the ship code you're looking for.  You can find the ship code by doing a search with on the main "Find A Cruise" page and filter down to the ship you're looking for.  The ship code will then be shown in the URL for that filtered page.

Also replace the {YYYYMMDD} with the sail date of the cruise you want to look at.

So, if you wanted to see the price for the beverage packages for Wonder of the Seas Aug 27, 2023 sailing, the URL is:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/beverage?bookingId=0000000&shipCode=WN&sailDate=20230827

Let me know how it goes!

Perfect!  Thank you so much. For some reason my apple devices kept directing me to an error page on the RCCL website, fired up the desktop and it worked perfectly!

kept same cabin & saved $600 overall.  Noticed ‘lower’ cabins in same category a couple of hundred less…may drop down this week once the dust settles as with such a port & activity intensive cruise, the cabin will basically just be a place to crash for us.

• Like 1