Iona check in times

terry2

Sorry if this is a  bit of a silly question.

Now I am going on the Iona on 14th Jan.  However the boarding pass says " Don't arrived before 15:45 and the final book in time is 16:30"

Now 45 mins seems a bit short to me.  Has anyone else seen this sort of short time window ?  What do people think? 

2 minutes ago, terry2 said:

Sorry if this is a  bit of a silly question.

Now I am going on the Iona on 14th Jan.  However the boarding pass says " Don't arrived before 15:45 and the final book in time is 16:30"

Now 45 mins seems a bit short to me.  Has anyone else seen this sort of short time window ?  What do people think? 

That’s the final boarding time not the departure time so you’ll be fine. The boarding time quoted is often exceeded by many hours for various reasons 😬 Relax and enjoy your cruise 👌😎

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 12:32 AM, terry2 said:

Thanks for the information.  It is just that I've never had such a short window before. 

Short window as in you think it'll take longer than 45 mins to check-in?

On Iona last June and I think from arriving at the terminal to being on board took about 15 mins tops.

They had lots of staff in the terminal, more than any other cruise I've been on.

On 1/4/2023 at 11:01 AM, lambinator1982 said:

We are on the same cruise on the 14th. Our group has 4 cabins and we have all been given different boarding times. We are all going to turn up at the earliest one 🙂

How did this go?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 12:33 AM, 84k said:

Short window as in you think it'll take longer than 45 mins to check-in?

Yes, there was a shambles. (they said due to a problem with the sky-bridge).  I arrived slightly early. There was first a queue outside the terminal waiting to get in - that took over 30 miniutes.  Then once inside you had to join a queue to get to the check-in desks.  Then once checked in  you had to join a queue (fortunately seated this time) to get to security - that too took over 30 minues. Once through security there were no delays in getting to the ship.   

Edited by terry2
spelling correction