Vibe beach on Joy

curlstravel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I’m going on the Joy in March so am also curious.

According to the Joy’s deck plan shown on the NCL website, there is a public sun area outside Vibe. I haven’t been on Joy yet, but have been on Escape and Bliss that had a similar area with its own bar and hot tub.

There is also a Spice H2O on the Joy which is usually a nice quiet place to sun as well.

12 minutes ago, sun, sand, cocktail said:

Hi,

According to the Joy’s deck plan shown on the NCL website, there is a public sun area outside Vibe. I haven’t been on Joy yet, but have been on Escape and Bliss that had a similar area with its own bar and hot tub.

There is also a Spice H2O on the Joy which is usually a nice quiet place to sun as well.

The deck plans for the Joy are wrong.   When the ship was retro fitted for the US market they expanding the Vibe to include that area.  So the Haven gets the front half and the Vibe the rest..

13 minutes ago, sun, sand, cocktail said:

Hi,

The plans are not correct as the Joy vibe is on both port and starboard sides. 

3 hours ago, Slk1z said:

The deck plans for the Joy are wrong.   When the ship was retro fitted for the US market they expanding the Vibe to include that area.  So the Haven gets the front half and the Vibe the rest..

Sounds like Joy's Vibe is similar to Encore's.  @curlstravel might want to look at the Encore deck plans to see it.

Edited by PATRLR

On 12/31/2022 at 9:55 PM, curlstravel said:

On the NCL joy are there seats outside of vibe that anyone can use like on the NCL bliss?

The accurate answer to this question is YES there are seats outside of vibe that anyone can use, but NO...not like on the Norwegian Bliss.

Here is a screengrab from the previously posted video. I've marked the chairs that are outside of the Vibe...looks to be about 14 loungers outside of the Vibe entrance.

image.jpeg.6bdaeed9c0086f6bd1061dcd72f801b0.jpeg

On the Bliss, there are chairs outside of the Vibe, but the area (and thus the number of chairs) is larger than on the Joy.

12 hours ago, curlstravel said:

Does anyone know  if there is a chance we can purchase vibe passes on the joy when we get on the ship?

There is a chance because:

--Some people may get on the ship and ask to cancel a pass they purchased online thus making it available

--Some unsold passes may have been held back and are available (people have said they save some, and other people have said they don't and neither has been officially confirmed)

So it doesn't hurt to ask.

I would also advise that if they tell you there are no passes, that  you request to be added to a wait list for the passes in case a cancellation causes one to be made available.

13 hours ago, curlstravel said:

Does anyone know  if there is a chance we can purchase vibe passes on the joy when we get on the ship?

There is always a chance, as @SeaShark was implying.  But by all accounts the passes are sold in advance and when they sell out, they are gone.  Any reports of buying on board seem to be the exception, not the rule.  It's not like dining reservations where some are held for sale on the ship (at least there has been no affirmative confirmation of such hold backs).

If I couldn't buy in advance, I would keep checking, like everyday, and then I would get on the ship as early as possible and go straight to customer service and ask there.