UAE Customs re: Medications

Beth and Bailey

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with a previous post. 

My husband had dozens of meds. 

We kept everything in the original containers.

Also, just to be on the safe side, we got a note from the doctor for every med that it was really prescribed and why it was prescribed.

Thanks for the feedback. Did they question any over-the-counter meds? Also, did you get a visa on arrival at the Dubai airport (we are from the USA)? We will be arriving in the very early morning (like 3 am) and know we'll be exhausted so want to be sure not to encounter any problems.

On 1/14/2023 at 5:41 PM, 40yearcruiser said:

Thanks for the feedback. Did they question any over-the-counter meds? Also, did you get a visa on arrival at the Dubai airport (we are from the USA)? We will be arriving in the very early morning (like 3 am) and know we'll be exhausted so want to be sure not to encounter any problems.

My brother travelled from Boston to Dubai on US passport and simply obtained his 30 day visa at Dubai airport ( no fee )

I take various meds and we have travelled many times to Dubai and have never been stopped at customs, however, I have always taken my medication in the correct packages and also with a prescription from my doctor to show what I am taking.

You can go to the UAE website to check exactly what medication you can and can’t bring into the UAE.