Person to person texting with the Navigator app

cabinluvn

Wondering if they have improved the Navigator app in regards to notifications with person to person texting. Last time I used it was 2019 as I have had internet included in my package since. In 2019 there was no sound when you received a text. Has that changed or does one still need to keep looking at your phone to see if a text has come in?

1 hour ago, cabinluvn said:

Wondering if they have improved the Navigator app in regards to notifications with person to person texting. Last time I used it was 2019 as I have had internet included in my package since. In 2019 there was no sound when you received a text. Has that changed or does one still need to keep looking at your phone to see if a text has come in?

Yes, it has changed.  See my post in this recent thread:

1 minute ago, cabinluvn said:

Thank you for posting that. Wondering if it would replace the ship’s wifi if you don’t get an internet package?

Not quite sure what you mean by “replace the ship’s WiFi”.  Did you read the whole thread?  There are other posts there explaining that you don’t require paid internet to use Navigator chat, if that’s what you are referring to.

1 hour ago, cabinluvn said:

I just mean for texting. I know there is no internet with Navigator. I would replace internet texting with the Navigator texting if it has improved since the last time I used it for texting. 

Navigator chat has greatly improved over the years. In November an icon and/or "ding" was received (Android phone) when a message was received Intra-app. There were still times where messages were delayed but not as much as in July (or years ago). However it may also depend on your itinerary.