Is Hotel Parking Safe?

Titanfan22

I have some points I can use for a park and stay hotel, just wondering if my vehicle will be safe for the week. I’m looking at the Hilton Island resort, has anyone in the group stayed there before?  If so any info would be appreciated.  Tks

I've used Hilton for cruise parking multiple times and besides the shuttle driver breaking the handle on a suitcase one time, there were no other negatives. However, this next cruise I won't be using Hilton for the parking/shuttle. It is now a night stay PLUS $46 when in the past the rate included parking for up to 7 days. And after looking at the points cost, it's basically about $150 or more in points (in addition to parking costs and tip). So at that cost, I'll just use one of the other options.

One other thing to note, once, for whatever reason, I was told to park in the parking garage of the convention center (basically at Hilton) and to make sure I parked on the bottom level. There was literally one other car there so I did not feel confident. BUT, I realized there was nothing in my car to be stolen, the worst that could happen is the car itself get stolen, and that's what insurance is for. Speaking of theft, every lot I've ever used for short or long-term parking has a disclaimer that they are not responsible for theft, so it's hard for me to see one as safer than the other when no of them will take responsibility if damage or theft happens to your vehicle. 

Oh, and I believe the normal way to park is in the back lot of Hilton, not the Convention Center. The ride to the port is pretty much traffic free, drivers are fast, and majority of hotel staff is what you expect from a Hilton (great 🙂)

On 1/1/2023 at 10:40 PM, Titanfan22 said:

I have some points I can use for a park and stay hotel, just wondering if my vehicle will be safe for the week. I’m looking at the Hilton Island resort, has anyone in the group stayed there before?  If so any info would be appreciated.  Tks

After realizing it shows you as "Midwest," you might actually need the hotel, so the high value of points necessary might be worth it if you need the room anyway. I was driving from either Dallas area, and now locally so I didn't need to stay the night prior. One time I actually didn't check-in until about 7am and we just hung out in the Executive Lounge as Diamond members and had breakfast, watched tv, made a last minute store run, then back to wait until shuttle time. Pro tip, sign up for the shuttle early and you'll have your pick of time slots. Hardly anyone else does this, but once they start checking out, the time slots fill up fast!