LITTLE FRENCH KEY QUESTION

llarsen

Hi,

Can anyone tell me your recent experience on Little French Key?

It looks beautiful. I came across posts here talking about the old owner still in control of the FB page and Website, and he is discouraging people visiting there. 

I emailed the owner Larissa, and she quickly replied and gave me the new website. She said I could just book with her by email for the date and time...they will send driver to pick us up in port and return us whenever we wanted. We would pay onsite for the package we want on day of arrival.

I would love to go there, but I would like to hear from those who have been there recently.

How was your experience at Little French Key?

Thanks so much!

On 1/2/2023 at 2:12 PM, llarsen said:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me your recent experience on Little French Key?

It looks beautiful. I came across posts here talking about the old owner still in control of the FB page and Website, and he is discouraging people visiting there. 

I emailed the owner Larissa, and she quickly replied and gave me the new website. She said I could just book with her by email for the date and time...they will send driver to pick us up in port and return us whenever we wanted. We would pay onsite for the package we want on day of arrival.

I would love to go there, but I would like to hear from those who have been there recently.

How was your experience at Little French Key?

Thanks so much!

I have been there twice, most recent was march of 2022. Mice and I love it! Beautiful lagoon, good food and the staff is amazing. It’s about a 40 minute drive to faculty and a 2 minute boat ride to the island. We will be going back in April when we are there 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

I have been there twice, most recent was march of 2022. Mice and I love it! Beautiful lagoon, good food and the staff is amazing. It’s about a 40 minute drive to faculty and a 2 minute boat ride to the island. We will be going back in April when we are there 

Great!!! Thanks so much for your reply! I was going to book directly with Larissa (owner). Is this how you did it, or did you take a taxi there?

On 1/5/2023 at 1:23 PM, RCLnewbie said:

I was also looking to book as I’ve been there before however something has happened. Anyone been there AFTER April 2022?

75EB0835-F41A-4A70-9035-EDB0C140E589.png

I believe this is generated by the previous owner (ex husband). 

I've been in contact with Larissa (owner) and she very quickly replied to my email.

We booked directly with her for next month. New website is: little french key resort dot com

• 3 weeks later...

We went to Little French Key last January before all of the craziness started.  I was a little skeptical of it because I had read about the owner (Kevah) and the mistreatment of the animals.  I was nervous about booking ahead of time because things were still uncertain with Covid and I was afraid the ship would not stop.  I had read many reports here on CC about people having trouble getting their money back when the port of call was cancelled.  My friend and I actually just reached out to AJ's Sloth Rescue when we got to Roatan.  They sent someone to pick us up and bring us to the rescue and then he took us to LFK and came to get us when we were ready to leave.  It cost more doing it that way but everything was wonderful at both places and our driver, Tex, was just great.  We are going back next month.  Again, I was nervous about pre-booking LFK.  I came to CC to see if there were any recent posts and saw all this craziness.  Wow!  I'm glad that there is new ownership because the old owner did seem shady from the articles I read last year.  I'm happy to see that we can now just book online and pay when we get there.  We will definitely do that.  LFK and AJ's are both just wonderful places.  I will say that the people who worked at LFK really seemed to care for the animals.  The young man that we spoke to had been accepted to college but said that he felt a responsibility to stay and look after the animals. I am glad to hear that the new owner is trying to find more suitable placement for the animals though. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2023 at 4:06 PM, Jleigh307 said:

We are heading to Rotan in February and I was looking at LFK but my dad is in a scooter. Does anyone know how to reach someone to ask about transportation for him?

Hi,

Yes, I contacted the owner and she emailed me back right away. Her name is Larissa and seems very nice.

We have never been to Roatan but from what I understand...you exit the cruise terminal then walk down past the guard gates down the hill to where the drivers are waiting. LFK drivers will have Frenchy's 44 shirts on. 

Would your dad be okay going that distance on the shooter? You can search youtube, some people have posted videos walking out of the port down to the drivers and also of LFK.

Here is Larissa's email:

Hello Linda,

Thank you for contacting Little French Key Resort.
I am glad you found us. Sadly the previous administration won't release the social media or the business webpage back to us.
You are at the right please here with me.
Our new webpage is : littlefrenchkeyresort.com for all the info and packages.
I would book you and you won't make any payments till you get to our location and choose your package.
We pick you up whenever you disembark from the ship and take you back whenever you wish to. No specific times set up. 
We want our guests to feel free and happy to leave or get off the ship at any time.
You sure can order food a la carte, however our full island package at $98 pp is our best seller and has everything included.
Let me know when you are coming, how many guests you are and I will email you our pickup instructions.

Thank you
LFK-Resort