FYI--cancel cruise after 120 day date & lose Cruise Next certificate (in addition to cancellation fee)

KKB

your CND was part of your payment, if you were not due a refund equal to the value of the certificate what did you expect?  I the CND was expired, I would also expect to lose it.  This is also covered in the T&C's for the program -

https://www.ncl.com/popup/cruisenext_terms

9. To cancel a reservation made with a CND, submit your request in accordance with Norwegian Cruise Line cancellation policies and procedures. The CND will be refunded back to the guest Latitudes Rewards account minus any cancellation fees, and will retain its original expiration date. Once a CND is applied to a reservation, it is subject to the same cancellation policy, rules and regulations as any other deposit which can be found on your reservation confirmation.

16 hours ago, hallux said:

your CND was part of your payment, if you were not due a refund equal to the value of the certificate what did you expect?  I the CND was expired, I would also expect to lose it.  This is also covered in the T&C's for the program -

https://www.ncl.com/popup/cruisenext_terms

9. To cancel a reservation made with a CND, submit your request in accordance with Norwegian Cruise Line cancellation policies and procedures. The CND will be refunded back to the guest Latitudes Rewards account minus any cancellation fees, and will retain its original expiration date. Once a CND is applied to a reservation, it is subject to the same cancellation policy, rules and regulations as any other deposit which can be found on your reservation confirmation.

Yes, I read those.

It says it will be refunded minus any cancellation fees.

I never received an invoice showing the specifics of the cancellation fees (just was given a cancellation amount), I guess I was reading that as the CND would be returned.

The CS rep said "You lost that when you cancelled" so you can see how that line led me to mis-interpret the policy.

Apparently I did NOT lose it, I just lost part of it via the cancellation fee.