Those that have had the Have It All Package.

garysol1

On 1/2/2023 at 8:52 PM, dmcfad2 said:

For us, I really think that we would spend less by paying for drinks as we go, as we aren’t big drinkers. However, it is really nice to not have to keep track of the prices and amount of drinks every day. I like to try new drinks. On our last cruise, I think we each had about 3-4 alcoholic drinks a day, plus soda and coffee.

We always get internet and usually book a shore excursion or two through the cruise line, so that is worth it.

I really like that you can book the cruise with a refundable deposit when you do the HIA promotion. Otherwise, the deposit is non-refundable.

We are five star so already get two free speciality dinners. We ended up doing speciality restaurants a lot on our last cruise to take advantage of HIA.  
Bottom line, I think booking with HIA costs us a little more than what we actually spend, but we find it worth it to not have the big bill at the end. I also try to book HIA when crew incentive is included.

OK, so I have HIA and as a line item it states:
Pre-Paid Crew Appreciation Promo: 1,2

Does this mean crew appreciation for the HIA package or does it mean for the entire cruise?

11 minutes ago, bdd123 said:

But, as it is documented and explained in T&C and confirmation, it is not clear to me if crew appreciation is for the trip or just the HIA package items.  Of course when I purchased I assumed it was for the trip not just HIA.

It is for the trip (i.e. room stewards et al.), not the package items.

Gratuities on the other items are already included in the HIA package.

Edited by Overhead Fred
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, bdd123 said:

it is not clear to me if crew appreciation is for the trip or just the HIA package items.

Crew Appreciation has nothing to do with the 18% service charge on HIA meals and beverages. It is the daily charge assessed per person, based upon which category of stateroom you book.

5 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Crew Appreciation has nothing to do with the 18% service charge on HIA meals and beverages. It is the daily charge assessed per person, based upon which category of stateroom you book.

So the meals and beverages associated with HIA include 18% service charge, which covers the tips for drinks and meals associated with HIA.

HIA Crew Appreciation covers tips for room stewards, waiters and bar tenders.

Is that right?

HAL makes this pretty confusing.  They really should just come out and tell you what is and is not covered.

2 minutes ago, bdd123 said:

So the meals and beverages associated with HIA include 18% service charge, which covers the tips for drinks and meals associated with HIA.

HIA Crew Appreciation covers tips for room stewards, waiters and bar tenders.

Is that right?

Mostly. Crew Appreciation covers rroom stewards, those in the laundry room, those who keep the public places clean, etc. The bar tenders are covered by the 18% added to the menu price of beverages.

• Thanks 1