Upgrade bid for haven on Breakaway for 2/26 sailing

charlnel

Just received an email to bid on upgrades to haven. I recently upgraded to the Haven (not through bidding)..... I thought I might bid, but wanted to check on price for difference on what I already paid. When I went on line at NCL, all the havens show Sold Out...has anyone seen this before? Why would they make that offer? 

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks 

Charlene

6 minutes ago, charlnel said:

Just received an email to bid on upgrades to haven. I recently upgraded to the Haven (not through bidding)..... I thought I might bid, but wanted to check on price for difference on what I already paid. When I went on line at NCL, all the havens show Sold Out...has anyone seen this before? Why would they make that offer? 

Thanks 

Charlene

They're not sold out.  NCL has reserved/preserved them for those who wish to make and upgrade bid. They can't really say they're available (not sold out) and then offer them as upgrades.

BTW, I notice a significant price drop on BA 5 March.  NCL told TA that there was no price drop since my category was sold out.  TA told NCL how can  you advertise this category on your website if it's sold out?  I got the price drop.  

Betcha if you call NCL and ask, you'll find out that  you can book one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, charlnel said:

Thanks 

Charlene

They will also offer for you to bid to even when sold out to see what the bids are.  That information is important to the algorithms for future sailings.

I got mine about a month ago for this cruise. Since I already am booked in the Haven, the only ones available that I liked had SUCH high minimum bids! Ouch. Made me remember the "Upgrade Fairy" who actually did call me several times and the upgrade was so reasonable. My how times have changed, lol.

1 hour ago, Greenpea2 said:

I got mine about a month ago for this cruise. Since I already am booked in the Haven, the only ones available that I liked had SUCH high minimum bids! Ouch. Made me remember the "Upgrade Fairy" who actually did call me several times and the upgrade was so reasonable. My how times have changed, lol.

I got one of those 'offers' about a week ago.  I wasn't interested in any of the cabins available for bids.  I should have checked to see what the minimum was.  We specifically wanted an aft penthouse.

The secret is an algorithm that predicts how many rooms they can upgrade. A balcony could upgrade to a better class of balcony, spa balcony, haven, suites. This creates openings in other room classes.