X Cut Backs

mcrcruiser

X-Cuts back...should read X-Gets Smart. All of this is long overdue, the Ocean View Cafe is almost empty at night, let the Food Hogs pay for the extra lobster tail or extra meal. We do not use room service for food why do I need to pay for others to lazy to go out for it. To me this is a way to save money keep costs down, provide better service with a shortage of workers. If Celebrity saves I save no land resort provides the vacation experance like a cruise does.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

X-Cuts back...should read X-Gets Smart. All of this is long overdue, the Ocean View Cafe is almost empty at night, let the Food Hogs pay for the extra lobster tail or extra meal. We do not use room service for food why do I need to pay for others to lazy to go out for it. To me this is a way to save money keep costs down, provide better service with a shortage of workers. If Celebrity saves I save no land resort provides the vacation experance like a cruise does.

With all due respect, I'd say cruisers like yourselves are not the ones X needs to attract. You sound like the type that doesn't spend an extra penny onboard ship -- and that is where most of the ship's profits are made.

Also -- your attitude is all well and good -- but what happens when X "cuts back" on something YOU value?

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

With all due respect, I'd say cruisers like yourselves are not the ones X needs to attract. You sound like the type that doesn't spend an extra penny onboard ship -- and that is where most of the ship's profits are made.

Also -- your attitude is all well and good -- but what happens when X "cuts back" on something YOU value?

Sorry but I booked Suites so I get it all and they get my money up front so I am exactly what they want. If I want 2-3 lobster tails glad to pay the extra but one inculded is great.

9 hours ago, markeb said:

I don’t think they believe they can get there, so they’re stuck in no man’s land. Which is likely to eventually alienate everyone.

Exactly. 

With the upcharges they wouldn't lose their Retreat regulars necessarily (if they still see value) but they will anger those on a budget.

However, closing the OVC seems calculated to annoy across the board as even customers in Luminae occasionally want a lighter, more casual or alfresco dinner....

Not to mention that the increasing cost of suites IS likely to make some question whether they should spend their $$ on X or on a more premium line.

• Like 1