MSC Bid Good Deal?

lauraleigh9mm

Sailing out of Marseilles in March 23 on the Grandiosa. I received several upgrade options to bid on. We are currently in a deluxe balcony (fantastica). We opted to bid on a Aurea Suite Whirlpool ($1000) , Yacht Club Deluxe Suite ($2300) and Suite ($450). From any previous experience are these likely to be accepted? This is our first time on MSC so I have no idea. They all said "strong" offers

• The bidding is done by a 3rd party company. The communication between the two companies is poor. They often let you bid on sold out categories or if you win MSC is not notified in time and you stay in the orginal category and go through the trouble of refunds.
  • Generally not worth to bid. It is like an ebay item the wrong way around: cost $100 with buy it now or bid starting from $150. Does not make much sense. The best deal to get the category you want on a first place, perhaps even with some discount.
  • You will be notified about a 'successful' or un-successful bid right before your cruise, as MSC is still trying to sell the remaining cabins in the meantime.

I think Grandiosa leaves Marseilles on the 25th March, if we are talking about the same cruise than Suite is already sold out which prooves point 1:
image.thumb.png.efab511f28dcc2954de7b0cd99d38819.png

Edited by yellow-submarine
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, yellow-submarine said:
  • I think Grandiosa leaves Marseilles on the 25th March, if we are talking about the same cruise than Suite is already sold out which prooves point 1:

image.thumb.png.efab511f28dcc2954de7b0cd99d38819.png

You miss the point, if someone in a suite wins an upgrade to Aurea Suite Whirlpool or YC Deluxe Suite then, technically a suite is freed up! 😉

31 minutes ago, yellow-submarine said:

Yes your are right: IF ... means you are bidding on the hypoptethical availability.

Isn't all communication with MSC Customer Service (direct and third party) inherently dealing in hypotheticals (and subject to their availability)?

• Haha 2