Oceania Riviera/Marina Cabins 7106/7109

elidance

hi all,

we are debating between a few cabins for a Vista cruise, one on deck 11 and one on deck 7 in a similar location to 7106/7109 on Riviera/Marina (last of narrow balcony rooms before extended balcony cabins, aft of ship).  i can't find any posts about these cabins (7106/7109), specifically with respect to the balcony and whether the view is obstructed, etc because of the location.  does anyone have experience with these cabins?  thank you! 🙂

3 hours ago, elidance said:

hi all,

we are debating between a few cabins for a Vista cruise, one on deck 11 and one on deck 7 in a similar location to 7106/7109 on Riviera/Marina (last of narrow balcony rooms before extended balcony cabins, aft of ship).  i can't find any posts about these cabins (7106/7109), specifically with respect to the balcony and whether the view is obstructed, etc because of the location.  does anyone have experience with these cabins?  thank you! 🙂

We are currently on Marina in 7009, the first extended balcony port side at the front of the ship. The cabin beside us is the last of the narrow balconies. There is no obstruction to their view (although they can see us when we are near our railings)

I’m sure this configuration applies to the aft cabins also.

seachelt

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elidance said:

hi all,

no one has any experience with those cabins or any other cabins on Vista because no one has yet stepped foot on her.  She is still in the shipyard being completed.

If you are remotely interested in any of these cabins would suggest the following:

1) obtain the services of one of the top Oceania travel agents.

2)Tell them to book your desired cabin before it comes on sale.

3)Pray to sweet Jesus that you will get you requested cabin.

4)You will not get your desired cabin so go ahead and pick something else. Someone that desires your cabin and has been sailing since before you were born has already booked it.

Bottom line ....in my experience, the best cabins are almost impossible to book, at any price.

Good luck.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mexicobob said:

. Someone that desires your cabin and has been sailing since before you were born has already booked it.

If they were cruising as adults since before I was born, then these nonagenarians and centenarians are awfully optimistic booking a cruise a couple of years from now.   

Good for them.

If you are interested in specific cabins, would suggest the following:

1) Learn in advance what specific cabins best meet your needs or desires, esp. the rare or unique ones that offer that something "special" in a particular cabin class, AND what potential specific itineraries interest you.

2)Learn the exact day/date when the cruises for a year or season are to first open.

3)Book that specific cruise itinerary and cabin on the FIRST day that itinerary is available for sale. Contact O the first minute you can that day!

4)Watch to see if your cruise goes on sale later.

5)If your cruise and cabin go on sale, use the "Best Price Guarantee".

So, for a 2024 Baltic cruise I was able to book in 2022 C1 7006 on Sirena, an extended inside for the C1. Met my desire to be up as high as I could in the C1 cabin. And that C1 has more inside room than the standard C1s. For the same price.

Bottom line... The more you KNOW in advance about cabins, cruise itineraries, and sales, the best chance you will have to actual book that special cabin at the best price. And be reasonable.

• Like 1