Princess wine only package

cruisermsoon

They say you can't sell a secret, and Princess seem to have made their wine packages very hard to find information on.

On a recent cruise, mention was made in one of the daily newsletters of a 3 or 5 or 7 wine bottle package at "substantial savings", but no easy way to get information about it.

There is absolutely nothing on the Princess site about wine packages.

I guess they would be similar to the Holland America wine packages one can purchase on board, but HAL at least have the decency to give the details and prices on their website. 

If anyone has information regarding these illusive packages, which could be a good alternative to the high priced drinks packages on offer, I would be very interested to hear about them.

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, cruisermsoon said:

They say you can't sell a secret, and Princess seem to have made their wine packages very hard to find information on.

On a recent cruise, mention was made in one of the daily newsletters of a 3 or 5 or 7 wine bottle package at "substantial savings", but no easy way to get information about it.

I guess they would be similar to the Holland America wine packages one can purchase on board, but HAL at least have the decency to give the details and prices on their website. 

If anyone has information regarding these illusive packages, which could be a good alternative to the high priced drinks packages on offer, I would be very interested to hear about them.

Thanks in advance.

Not seen it on our last two cruises.

I think Princess assume that most people will buy the PP package, which includes a 20% discount on bottles of wine,  so there is no need for a package.

2 hours ago, cruisermsoon said:

Thanks in advance.

What cruise were you on?  On CCL you had to ask the head waiter for a wine package, it was not advertised.  And only available on 10+ night cruises. I’ll ask on my next PCL cruise.

I was on the Coral Princess 14 night Christmas/New Year cruise ex Brisbane, with a Plus package, and the notice appeared near the end of the cruise, as I recall just after Auckland when a bunch of New Zealanders boarded. 

I'd be grateful for any information you could find out.

5 minutes ago, cruisermsoon said:

I was on the Coral Princess 14 night Christmas/New Year cruise ex Brisbane, with a Plus package, and the notice appeared near the end of the cruise, as I recall just after Auckland when a bunch of New Zealanders boarded. 

Maybe an Aussie thing or NYE sailing?

Will post if I hear anything.

11 minutes ago, cruisermsoon said:

We were on the Sapphire and got the wine notice as a special for New Years. Seemed a bit pointless since we had the package.