Halloween on the High Seas - Disney Magic.

Rtowncruiser

Hi all, While we are not new to cruising, we will be experiencing our first Disney cruise out of San Diego for the Halloween on the High Seas in October. 

We will be travelling with our son, DIL, and 2 grandkids. Are there any tips, hacks, or events that are not to be missed? Is there a Pirate night? We will be sure to bring costumes and looking forward to a great time! 

On 1/6/2023 at 11:01 PM, Rtowncruiser said:

Hi all, While we are not new to cruising, we will be experiencing our first Disney cruise out of San Diego for the Halloween on the High Seas in October. 

We will be travelling with our son, DIL, and 2 grandkids. Are there any tips, hacks, or events that are not to be missed? Is there a Pirate night? We will be sure to bring costumes and looking forward to a great time! 

I see no one has replied so I would suggest you go onto You tube and put in name of ship and see what comes out.  Also DIS.boards has a section for Disney Cruise line.

• 3 months later...

Hello

My wife, grandson, and I are on the Magic sailing on Oct 29 out of San Diego. We were on the Christmas Cruise last November and are excited to do the Halloween cruise.  I recommend making reservations for the Royal Court as soon as they open, as getting up close and personal with the princesses was our grandson's favorite thing on the cruise.  We also did the Royal Tea but would not do it again because of the expense. It was very exciting for him, and another opportunity to get some autographs. 

Watch the activity board for character meet and greets, as you need to line up early. 

My wife and I took turns doing some of the adult activities, and she really enjoyed the wine tasting, and I would highly recommend the chocolate and liquor tastings, as well as the bourbon tasting.  

We all bought costumes for the pirate party, and it was great.  My grandson and I had reservations for pirate makeup at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and both had a great time.  Definitely get a reservation for that as the space is very limited.  

We bought the digital picture download package and it was definitely worth it, as you will get all the pictures they take, which in our case was 75.  

The evening shows were very well done, too, especially Frozen, but I am not sure if that will be on the Magic. 

Get ready to have a blast!  

Tim 

• Like 1

We are going on one of the Halloween on the High Seas cruises. Though we are not new to cruising, it's our first Disney cruise. I know booking the activities are in high demand, and will do my best to get certain ones for our grandkids since we are "low man on the totem pole" 

I'm a little confused as to our booking access. 

on the website it states

"Your booking window opens on August 8, 2023. Check back later to explore activities. Once you pay in full, you can book your favorite ones."

We will obviously be paid in full by July due date so what does that mean as far as booking? Can we book when paid in full?

1 hour ago, Rtowncruiser said:

We are going on one of the Halloween on the High Seas cruises. Though we are not new to cruising, it's our first Disney cruise. I know booking the activities are in high demand, and will do my best to get certain ones for our grandkids since we are "low man on the totem pole" 

I'm a little confused as to our booking access. 

on the website it states

"Your booking window opens on August 8, 2023. Check back later to explore activities. Once you pay in full, you can book your favorite ones."

We will obviously be paid in full by July due date so what does that mean as far as booking? Can we book when paid in full?

Booking window for activities for first time cruisers is 75 days out, as long as you've paid in full.

Edited by Shmoo here
  • Like 1