Gap in Bollete's schedule 23 Feb to 9 March

5 minutes ago, AuroraCruiser08 said:

Have noticed a gap in Bollete's schedule in a months time. Anyone know why, seems a bit of an odd gap considering the ships already had a period of lay up at the latter part of 2022

There was originally a dry dock scheduled for this year, but some of the work scheduled for that was indeed done during her lay up prior to Christmas.  I assume dry dock is needed for some other work though, according to requirements for all ships to be monitored and maintained.

Fred's announcement about Bolette's lay up at the end of last year, did say it would reduce the amount of work to be done at the scheduled dry dock, though I am not sure that necessarily meant there would be a reduced amount of time in the dry dock as the work may have been scheduled to be done simultaneously.  I have not been looking at the itineraries, so am not aware if the timing has changed.

15 minutes ago, tring said:

There was originally a dry dock scheduled for this year, but some of the work scheduled for that was indeed done during her lay up prior to Christmas.  I assume dry dock is needed for some other work though, according to requirements for all ships to be monitored and maintained.

Fred's announcement about Bolette's lay up at the end of last year, did say it would reduce the amount of work to be done at the scheduled dry dock, though I am not sure that necessarily meant there would be a reduced amount of time in the dry dock as the work may have been scheduled to be done simultaneously.  I have not been looking at the itineraries, so am not aware if the timing has changed.

That's interesting thank you. There is an exact 2 week gap from when she discharges in Southampton and embarks in Newcastle 

• Like 2

I guess it is the same as the did for the Borealis back in November

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2022/11/fred-olsens-borealis-undergoing-drydock-in-england/

According to the article, it is work on the hull, props and shafts.  When the ships were up in Rosyth I'm not sure they were drydocked so she must be overdue some work.

Edited by richard_london
Typo in ship's name
  • Thanks 1