Can OBC be used towards beverage packages or shore excursions booked pre-cruise?

flahagan

I have $500 OBC to use on a 25 nt TA in May.  I'm thinking of purchasing the easy drink package and several ship's excursions ahead of the cruise but wonder if my OBC can be used for any of it?

On 1/7/2023 at 2:04 PM, flahagan said:

I have $500 OBC to use on a 25 nt TA in May.  I'm thinking of purchasing the easy drink package and several ship's excursions ahead of the cruise but wonder if my OBC can be used for any of it?

I haven't seen any beverage packages available on TAs.  Can anyone please confirm?

3 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

I haven't seen any beverage packages available on TAs.  Can anyone please confirm?

Yes, for my 25 nt TA the beverage packages are showing as $950 for easy pkg, $1275 for easy plus.  Think I'll forego the packages and just pay as I go along!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, claireruth said:

Are drink package prices the same when you get on the ship as they are if you purchase online ahead of time?  We have $400 OBC, so I was wondering about waiting to get it once we're on the ship and put that towards it.

Not sure about the price but I know you have to pay gratuities on the package if you purchase it onboard.  Also, they are not selling drink packages onboard now for short cruises, not sure how long yours is.  We have always been able to use our OBC for the daily service charge for the staff.