Our " Getaway " to the Breakaway - NOLA 1/22/23 - live ?

JIMESOPUS

Was also on this cruise,  Lines for dinner.  Venues  crowded.   Ran out of our preferred white wine.  Notice more price hike for Moderno and Teppanyaki.  Last I saw it was $49. Found out it went up to $59 per person.   

Tina

2 hours ago, Wulfwyn said:

Was also on this cruise,  Lines for dinner.  Venues  crowded.   Ran out of our preferred white wine.  Notice more price hike for Moderno and Teppanyaki.  Last I saw it was $49. Found out it went up to $59 per person.   

Tina

Also they swapped out the filet with strip steak at Teppanyaki

The last night on the ship was crazy, we had a 545 PM dinner reservation at Cagney's, we were seated in the cheap seats, behind the Prime Meridian Bar ( never knew about those locations markings ), over booked, under staffed, orders messed up and under cooked steak. The lighting was so bad that patrons were using their phones. Took over 2 hours to get out of there.

Picked up our illegal extension cord

Walked off the ship around 0745, line snaked thru deck 7, outside thru Bliss, then back inside the Manhattan Room, back outside, forward on deck #7 to the gangway, customs was a breeze.

Stopped for a snack.

IMG_4019.JPG

IMG_4018.JPG

IMG_4016.JPG

IMG_4032.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

IMG_4060.JPG

Edited by JIMESOPUS
  • Like 3

On 1/27/2023 at 7:44 PM, JIMESOPUS said:

Godsend is one way to put it, we never had it where I could upload 10 or more photo's at one time, at night the speed is unreal to in the middle of the sea

Thanks, this is helpful. My wife and I spend very little time online while we're at sea, but we do need to connect for a few minutes every day in order to do language study. I've gone for more than 3 years in a row without missing a day so I don't want to lose my streak! Sounds like Starlink will be sufficient for us (but I do recognize those with other internet needs might have a different view). Love the photo of the Café du Monde bag, yum yum! 😁

• Like 1

We walked over to the Ruby Slipper for a late brunch then headed over to the Riverwalk to see the BA sailaway, still there at 430 PM, cargo was still being loaded. Headed over to Bourbon Street and watched the show ( walking down the street ) 

IMG_4063.JPG

IMG_4062.JPG

IMG_4075.JPG

IMG_4072.JPG

IMG_4071.JPG

IMG_4069.JPG

IMG_4068.JPG

IMG_4066.JPG

IMG_4064.JPG

IMG_4076.JPG

IMG_4077.JPG

• Like 2

The End, sort of .. still have the dailies and our thoughts about the past 19 days of sailing on the GA and BA.

This was the only sunset we caught, last night on the BA, near the oil rigs

IMG_4008.JPG

IMG_4009.JPG

IMG_4010.JPG

IMG_4011.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@JIMESOPUS,  Thanks for sharing your cruise and all of these great photos with us!

Question, in your post #134 above, do you know the story behind your 3rd & 4th photos?  We have looked down on this from our room in the Harrah's hotel and tried to figure it out.  We could see there was some sort of water/fountain area between those columns.  Just couldn't figure it out🤔

22 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

The last night on the ship was crazy, we had a 545 PM dinner reservation at Cagney's, we were seated in the cheap seats, behind the Prime Meridian Bar ( never knew about those locations markings ), over booked, under staffed, orders messed up and under cooked steak. The lighting was so bad that patrons were using their phones. Took over 2 hours to get out of there.

Picked up our illegal extension cord

Walked off the ship around 0745, line snaked thru deck 7, outside thru Bliss, then back inside the Manhattan Room, back outside, forward on deck #7 to the gangway, customs was a breeze.

Stopped for a snack.

IMG_4019.JPG

IMG_4018.JPG

IMG_4016.JPG

IMG_4032.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

IMG_4060.JPG

Cafe Du Monde Beignets? Where do you get these onboard? 

I had no idea, and I am already salivating - the last time I had one of these was 5 years ago and lord have mercy....

Just now, amygutman said:

Cafe Du Monde Beignets? Where do you get these onboard? 

I had no idea, and I am already salivating - the last time I had one of these was 5 years ago and lord have mercy....

clearly I needed chicory before posting. Not on the ship itself, but in port (obviously). 

Dang it...Now I need to go to New Orleans as my brain is saying "BRING ME FRIED DOUGH!!!" 😁 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

@JIMESOPUS,  Thanks for sharing your cruise and all of these great photos with us!

Question, in your post #134 above, do you know the story behind your 3rd & 4th photos?  We have looked down on this from our room in the Harrah's hotel and tried to figure it out.  We could see there was some sort of water/fountain area between those columns.  Just couldn't figure it out🤔

@Sand and SeasIt's part of the American Italian Center

• Like 1

10 hours ago, amygutman said:

clearly I needed chicory before posting. Not on the ship itself, but in port (obviously). 

Dang it...Now I need to go to New Orleans as my brain is saying "BRING ME FRIED DOUGH!!!" 😁 

@amygutmanHave you ever tried Aebelskivers? It's a puffed pancake with powered sugar, the lemon curd dipping sauce was unbelievable. 

So my scanner went crazy again, here is day 1 Freestyle - used to be able to scan 1 entire day now it wants to scan each section separate. I think the pdf format is better to download than a pictures, I'll have my proof reader check this out before finishing up

day1a.pdf day1b.pdf day1c.pdf day1d.pdf

• Like 2

Thanks for taking us along on the Breakaway!  Loved all your pictures.  We were on the Breakaway in November for 14 days and had a fabulous time!   We also stayed a few days in New Orleans so your photos bring back some great memories!  And thanks for publishing the Dailies.  I noticed that the Rockaway Duo and Jumari are still on board.  We had a great time listening to them at Shakers and miss them both!

Colleen

• Like 1

So here is my take on the Getaway and the Breakaway, never again on round trip itinerary's

We sailed on the Breakaway this past fall, the last cruise of the season to Canada from NYC. If you compared that cruise, which was one of the best ones for us to this cruise, you would thought it was a different ship or even a different cruise line. 

We did sail on the Getaway when it was at 100% full, last years Easter cruise to Bermuda but it's was fully staffed and the crew was happy to be back working.

Both ships are understaffed, but it seemed the Getaway was able to handle 3880 passengers better than the Breakaway 4185 passengers.

Entertainment on the Getaway was lacking, they had three comedians which they used to fill in the gaps of no entertainment, while the Breakaway had the usual assortment of entertainers (2 comedians, 1 singer and 1 magician ).

While the Getaways O'Sheehans was the place to go for a hot meal on the Breakaway it was a total fail for us, cold or burnt food every time. 

Both ships had wait times for the MDR's on deck #6 but the wait time seemed shorter on the Getaway, the other MDR on deck #7 we didn't visit, just one look at the long lines made us go elsewhere.

You know that jingle for NCL " I want to break free " well the staff in the Atrium have a different version of it, not very flattering. A glass was dropped in the Atrium, one crew member just walked past the broken glass and just rolled her eyes, a second pretended that there was nothing there, it took a junior officer to pick the broken glass.

I could go on about other issues but just wanted to say we had fun, rolled with the punches and made the best of it.

If they ( Miami ) can't find a solution to the crew shortage then they need to stop filling the ships, Freestyle is their claim to fame but it wasn't around that much for us.   

• Like 6