Has NCL fulfilled the promise of 6 Litres of water for NCL passengers with the Free At Sea package?

PapaGoose

9 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Plan on having it at mine. Doesn’t help me much, but others can enjoy. 

At my great grandfather’s funeral my great uncle stood at the lectern and asked everyone what the difference was between an Irish wedding and an Irish wake? He then said “one less drunk. Here’s to Dad!” Then we all toasted him with a beer or Irish whiskey. I was 15…

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, PapaGoose said:

At my great grandfather’s funeral my great uncle stood at the lectern and asked everyone what the difference was between an Irish wedding and an Irish wake? He then said “one less drunk. Here’s to Dad!” Then we all toasted him with a beer or Irish whiskey. I was 15…

I was maybe in my 20's before I realized people didn't have "parties" with drinking and such at a funeral.   I was in my teens before I realized kegerators were not in most people's homes.  While we didn't have one, quite a few of my aunts/uncles and cousins did.  I just thought we didn't have one because my parents didn't drink much beer and they all did.🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sailorusvi said:

I was maybe in my 20's before I realized people didn't have "parties" with drinking and such at a funeral.   I was in my teens before I realized kegerators were not in most people's homes.  While we didn't have one, quite a few of my aunts/uncles and cousins did.  I just thought we didn't have one because my parents didn't drink much beer and they all did.🤷‍♀️

Up here in Toronto we can legally purchase alcohol at the age of 19. Quite civilized! The cake for my 19th birthday was baked and decorated by a friend of my mom’s. it was a replica of a case of beer. A 24 pack of Molson Export. Go big or go home…. Great memories!

Now how about some water in a box Mr. Del Rio?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PapaGoose said:

Up here in Toronto we can legally purchase alcohol at the age of 19. Quite civilized! The cake for my 19th birthday was baked and decorated by a friend of my mom’s. it was a replica of a case of beer. A 24 pack of Molson Export. Go big or go home…. Great memories!

Now how about some water in a box Mr. Del Rio?

Molson Canadian for me. When I was in law school the campus was a block away from the Igloo in Pittsburgh. We would send someone to pick up a case, “tailgate” in the study lounge at at school, and walk to the arena for student rush tickets — $20 to any game to file the empty seats. The beer and Sydney Crosby helped get me through school. Thank you, Canada for two of my favorite exports. 🇨🇦 🥅 🏒 🍻 🐧 

• Haha 1

I’m especially curious to hear from anyone who booked early (Jan to Sept) in 2022, with the standard FAS beverage package, who might have received the 6 litres of Flow water, in cartons, in their staterooms at the beginning of their cruise departing after Jan 1 2023. Is there such a unicorn out there?

2 minutes ago, PapaGoose said:

I’m especially curious to hear from anyone who booked early (Jan to Sept) in 2022, with the standard FAS beverage package, who might have received the 6 litres of Flow water, in cartons, in their staterooms at the beginning of their cruise departing after Jan 1 2023. Is there such a unicorn out there?

Based on the terms, no one should have received the cartons. Of course, it's possible there's a unicorn! I hope I'm one of the unicorns in March...for my husband, not me.:)

I have 3 upcoming cruises during Feb. & March. FAS on all. All show the 6 litres of Flow water as included with the drink pkg. Both cruises that sail in Feb, Bliss & Encore, my summary info does not show the water as one of the included items listed, however, the cruise in late March, Bliss again, does have the 6 litres of water listed in the included things list on the summary page. So, I guess we'll see! 

29 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Based on the terms, no one should have received the cartons. Of course, it's possible there's a unicorn! I hope I'm one of the unicorns in March...for my husband, not me.:)

Hoping for four unicorns for us this March but will be more than happy with two unicorns. 

25 minutes ago, kdmbluerzr said:

I have 3 upcoming cruises during Feb. & March. FAS on all. All show the 6 litres of Flow water as included with the drink pkg. Both cruises that sail in Feb, Bliss & Encore, my summary info does not show the water as one of the included items listed, however, the cruise in late March, Bliss again, does have the 6 litres of water listed in the included things list on the summary page. So, I guess we'll see! 

When were these three cruises booked?

On 1/10/2023 at 10:04 AM, New2cruise2022 said:

Does this water bottle feel like the “Great Giveback Of 2023”? 

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but this benefit feels like skillful misdirection. It isn’t a mirage, because it is real water that people can touch and drink. But it feels like an inexpensive giveback to try to counterweight rising prices (on sailing, packages, and service charges) and reduced offerings (1-1-1-1 speciality dining restrictions, once a day steward service, shrinking drink selection and availability). 

I think for many people, walking in the cabin to find water that didn’t carry an additional cost will be a big win. For many others that prefer tap water or have PPB package, this will not have much impact. But the addition is popping up across consumer’s MyNCL and that is creating a nice positive buzz for NCL. 

(I would assume that NCL has a nice relationship with Flow and is procuring this benefit substantially below the price of the offering.)

I have told NCL for years that it is highly irresponsible to provide an alcoholic drink package that does not include water. Most all other lines have water included in their alcohol packages. Maybe they listened??

2 hours ago, kdmbluerzr said:

The two that sail in February were booked Feb 28 2022, and the cruise in late March was booked on Nov 9 2022. 

So according to the information I have been relayed, you will be receiving the water for the March cruise since it was booked in the promotion period.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gypsygirl100% said:

I have told NCL for years that it is highly irresponsible to provide an alcoholic drink package that does not include water. Most all other lines have water included in their alcohol packages. Maybe they listened??

But they did not listen as the "free" water was only included for a three month period.  However, I am pretty sure everyone read it as the "free" water was going to be included from January 1, 2023 onwards. as I did.

35 minutes ago, vacation44 said:
3 hours ago, Gypsygirl100% said:

But they did not listen as the "free" water was only included for a three month period.  However, I am pretty sure everyone read it as the "free" water was going to be included from January 1, 2023 onwards. as I did.

Providing unlimited (or "free with FAS") water in cartons/bottles/whatever to those that want them is inherently wasteful environmentally. 

I know there are strong contradictory opinions, but the filtered tap water is fine.  Skittish about the taste of it or don't trust the plumbing?....then open your wallet and buy your water.

NCL could get ahead of all of this and install water filling stations (with disinfecting UV lights) in key locations around the ship...and provide every cabin a refillable souvenir bottle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JGmf said:

NCL could get ahead of all of this and install water filling stations (with disinfecting UV lights) in key locations around the ship...and provide every cabin a refillable souvenir bottle.

Allowing passengers to refill their 'souvenir bottles' isn't allowed because of contamination.

• Like 1

Just now, RocketMan275 said:

Allowing passengers to refill their 'souvenir bottles' isn't allowed because of contamination.

Yeah, I realize that, hence me mentioning the "disinfecting UV lights" as an add-on feature. 

Funny how airports, universities, stadiums, and other high traffic, high volume places seemed to have figured it out.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Yeah, I realize that, hence me mentioning the "disinfecting UV lights" as an add-on feature. 

Funny how airports, universities, stadiums, and other high traffic, high volume places seemed to have figured it out.

RCL have freestyle coke machines on some of their ships,   I'm not sure why NCL can't have water dispensers around.    They make touchless water dispensers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, JGmf said:

When I was a school administrator I purposely changed over our water fountains to bottle filling stations to keep our students safe. If NCL actually cared about about COVID/other diseases, they'd install these stations.

• Like 4

Our drink package was supposed to include the 6 bottles/cartons but we only got one. I asked for another and received it from our stateroom attendant, but I tried to get more from a bar and was told I would be charged for them. Likely when they removed water from the beverage package, they don't have a good way to know who has a package that still included the water.

This was on Pearl, 1/13-1/16

11 minutes ago, ronswanson said:

Likely when they removed water from the beverage package, they don't have a good way to know who has a package that still included the water.

This was on Pearl, 1/13-1/16

They appear to be adding the water as a separate amenity to the reservations that qualify per the booking dates. Seems like a reasonable way to keep track.

CAA4D1C3-4A67-4BD7-B2A8-D9FECFAAA6ED.png

On 1/13/2023 at 8:23 AM, cruiseny4life said:

I found some information about the Flow water and when it was available with the Unlimited Beverage Package. Apparently it was for a very limited time only. I hope this is helpful. The site is silent on whether or not this includes re-pricing your cruise. Since it says "booking," I'm assuming cruises that were re-priced in this time period are not eligible for the Flow Water. 

image.thumb.png.d550b854df12c6b49dc5e34f49b29a90.png

Might I just add, what a stupid thing to offer, then stop offering. Alas, it also means I am not eligible for the six pack of water as we booked in advance of 9/14.

Can I ask where/how you found those terms?  

What's a bit interesting is I booked on December 16, so, I should be out of luck.  But, my reservation currently says I get the water as shown in the picture.  Even when I follow the "Click Here" link and follow to the T&Cs I don't see anything about the December 15 date.    Another funny thing is, when I try to print that page to a PDF for safe keeping, that section isn't getting printed.  
image.png.0a8683116fefb182a36459c22392a48c.png

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 2:43 PM, JGmf said:

On 1/17/2023 at 2:47 PM, RocketMan275 said:

Nonsense.  I don't doubt that maybe someone in NCL says something like this but I call BS.  Far more contamination happens in the buffet line or the hot tubs than would happen at a proper bottle filling station. 

They don't have bottle filling stations because it would be an added expense and it would likely impact sales of bottle water.  It has nothing to do with safety or contamination.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Can I ask where/how you found those terms?  

What's a bit interesting is I booked on December 16, so, I should be out of luck.  But, my reservation currently says I get the water as shown in the picture.  Even when I follow the "Click Here" link and follow to the T&Cs I don't see anything about the December 15 date.    Another funny thing is, when I try to print that page to a PDF for safe keeping, that section isn't getting printed.  
image.png.0a8683116fefb182a36459c22392a48c.png

I took a snip from Norwegian's TA site. The highlighted portion is new from when I posted the same terms and conditions previously (sometime in December). Then, I believe I typed it out, rather than snipping. I was lazy the other day! 

Also, that's why I'm confused! I booked three couples on the same sailing I'm on. One of them do not have the water package showing on their confirmation. Two do. I don't and I understand why I don't as my husband booked us back in July. Yet, I go to my sailing and I see exactly what you posted above. It's all just so confusing. 

image.png.e61b03c29b344a051ce3446c0102373c.png

Have you tried the "Click Here" link? It's completely unhelpful in telling anyone about the Flow Water exclusions. Even after you click on the Terms and Conditions link on that page NCL directs you to. I guess it was part of the Unlimited Beverage Package, then it wasn't? I don't even know anymore. 🙂 I do know that I've never had anyone make up their mind on a cruise based on the availability of free bottled/boxed water.