Has NCL fulfilled the promise of 6 Litres of water for NCL passengers with the Free At Sea package?

PapaGoose

To all those bummed they aren't getting boxed water:

I wish I could give you the 12 that I expect to see in April taking-up counter space in my cabin.  Maybe NCL can have a donation bin or something in the atrium?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JGmf said:

To all those bummed they aren't getting boxed water:

I wish I could give you the 12 that I expect to see in April taking-up counter space in my cabin.  Maybe NCL can have a donation bin or something in the atrium?

I wonder how many here would put that water in ziplock bags so they can take the water home with them?

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 1/23/2023 at 7:19 PM, cruiseny4life said:

If they booked the cruise between Sept. 14, 2022 and Dec. 15, 2022. 

I booked in July 2022 and my summary says this:

image.png.aa3f767a42bb53e89399b412e4172468.png

Do I get it? It says I do in my current offer.

10 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

According to the terms and conditions (on a site I'm unable to link to, but provided a screenshot of earlier), no. I'm sure mistakes (exceptions) occur.

But, I don't work for NCL, so can't help you further. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Notice it says "exclusions apply"?   That is the booking window of the three months they ran the promotion without telling everyone it was a limited promotion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2023 at 9:11 AM, PapaGoose said:

Now that some friends are presently sailing or about to set sail on NCL cruises in 2023, can anybody share whether NCL has honoured the “6 litres of Flow water in your stateroom” at embarkation if you have the Free at Sea perk included for your sailing?

We will be sailing in February, Panama Canal and ABC islands and I am wondering if I’ll have to pre-purchase a water package should NCL rescind the offer. 

We've booked the Feb 27th NY Caribbean cruise and our package states there will be 6 litres of flow water in our stateroom when we arrive ....  I hope this is still true.   Have to admit it tho, I preordered more Flow water just incase!

12 hours ago, MommaShandy73 said:

We've booked the Feb 27th NY Caribbean cruise and our package states there will be 6 litres of flow water in our stateroom when we arrive ....  I hope this is still true.   Have to admit it tho, I preordered more Flow water just incase!

When did you book the cruise?

13 hours ago, Southerngal410 said:

Yep. We were told that we do not get that by multiple people. 

Boo! I'm really curious if your cruise confirmation had the Water 6PK on it. I know it's a bit too late now, but that's really the "official" yes or no. 

Sorry you didn't get it as you likely should have based on everything I've read on NCL's site. 

12 hours ago, MommaShandy73 said:

Check your confirmation. You would receive this via email from NCL (if you booked direct) or from your Personal Cruise Consultant or travel agent, if you booked with them. You can always request a cruise confirmation if you don't have it.

At the top right, if you have the water, it'll say "Water6PK." If not, then you won't receive it. If it's just a screenshot as shown above by @ziggyuk, then you may or may not. As an example, my NCL.com account shows what they posted. I highly doubt I'll receive the water, because 1) we booked outside the 9/14 - 12/15 window, 2) my confirmation does not have "Water6PK" on it. 

Good luck! 

12 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

At the top right, if you have the water, it'll say "Water6PK." If not, then you won't receive it. If it's just a screenshot as shown above by @ziggyuk, then you may or may not. As an example, my NCL.com account shows what they posted. I highly doubt I'll receive the water, because 1) we booked outside the 9/14 - 12/15 window, 2) my confirmation does not have "Water6PK" on it. 

Good luck! 

I looked at my nephew's confirmation for our upcoming cruise (I booked it so a copy of his confirmation went to me).   The code you mentioned above is not there; however, when I go into his account, it is listed separately that they will be receiving 12 waters on his summary page.    They graciously offered to give us some since my daughter told them I have been obsessed with the water promotion (whatever you would call it) and I thought we would be receiving 24.   With their contribution to us, our loyalty status water and the 6 NCL are given us since I complained, I am good.   However, I still think it is wrong the way NCL is handling the water situation.    

32 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Check your confirmation. You would receive this via email from NCL (if you booked direct) or from your Personal Cruise Consultant or travel agent, if you booked with them. You can always request a cruise confirmation if you don't have it.

Good luck! 

Unfortunately we dot get that in the UK, I guess I can ask for an amenity list which should show the offers.
This is how a UK confirmation booked direct looks.

image.thumb.jpeg.23e10d643832ffba43afcfe02e65fc1f.jpeg

1 minute ago, ziggyuk said:

Unfortunately we dot get that in the UK, I guess I can ask for an amenity list which should show the offers.

Interesting...I've never booked anyone in the UK. 🙂 Probably won't. My mind melts just figuring out NCL's US policies. Thanks for showing! I would think an amenity listing would show it, but....

14 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

I looked at my nephew's confirmation for our upcoming cruise (I booked it so a copy of his confirmation went to me).   The code you mentioned above is not there; however, when I go into his account, it is listed separately that they will be receiving 12 waters on his summary page.    They graciously offered to give us some since my daughter told them I have been obsessed with the water promotion (whatever you would call it) and I thought we would be receiving 24.   With their contribution to us, our loyalty status water and the 6 NCL are given us since I complained, I am good.   However, I still think it is wrong the way NCL is handling the water situation.    

I now have no idea how the hell NCL does anything. I've been at this awhile. NCL throws me off every so often, but this one...well, it's up there! 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Interesting .. here's an Irish version which shows the discount/promo codes, obviously no water package on this as I booked over a year ago

NCL invoice header.jpg

• Like 1

hmm just looking at the codes on my booking and the ones on a friend's booking the BROCHURE, CECHOALL and CEPSC codes are on both but when I booked her cruise the Specialty dining had changed from 2 to 1  and her internet minutes are 150mins while mine are 250mins, it's the same cruise and both are studios the difference is I booked January last year and hers was booked in December.  So I can see myself having some interesting conversations with guest services. 

54 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

BTW on my confirmation the second page lists the add-ons with more detail

NCL addons .jpg

We disembark the Bliss tomorrow. We booked during the promotion period and received 6 total liters of Flow for our three-person cabin. This promotion was better than anticipated. 

There are lots of alternatives including purchasing water and filling up ice and water at the buffet in containers brought from home. We had large yeti mugs and did this at times. But, a liter for taking meds or middle-of-the-night hydration after a night (ok, DAY … and morning) of drinking is a nice convenience. 

NCL should consider continuing this offer or even doing as an inexpensive, time of booking upcharge. Call it the $29 value and sell it for $4.99. With delivery to state room, this would be a cost/break even for Norwegian and the customer service win might overcome the failed revenue capture. With so many ways to avoid paying $30 for 6 liters of boxed water, this is a good balance for NCL. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eileeshb said:

BTW on my confirmation the second page lists the add-ons with more detail

NCL addons .jpg

Yes I get that but that is only the main benefits, not all the codes are included there, for instance double latitude points will not appear there. I suspect water would not appear as a separate line there as it falls under the beverage package.

On 1/18/2023 at 2:32 PM, PATRLR said:

Can I ask where/how you found those terms?  

What's a bit interesting is I booked on December 16, so, I should be out of luck.  But, my reservation currently says I get the water as shown in the picture.  Even when I follow the "Click Here" link and follow to the T&Cs I don't see anything about the December 15 date.    Another funny thing is, when I try to print that page to a PDF for safe keeping, that section isn't getting printed.  
image.png.0a8683116fefb182a36459c22392a48c.png

My Oct'23 cruise was booked in April'22 and I just booked a May'23 cruise.  Both of my reservations/cruise have the exact same listing as highlight above.  Both are showing one 6-liter of Flow water.

58 minutes ago, alrose251 said:

My Oct'23 cruise was booked in April'22 and I just booked a May'23 cruise.  Both of my reservations/cruise have the exact same listing as highlight above.  Both are showing one 6-liter of Flow water.

But both say "exclusions apply" which I think means you will not be receiving the water as you did not book during the 3 month booking window.

1 hour ago, New2cruise2022 said:

We disembark the Bliss tomorrow. We booked during the promotion period and received 6 total liters of Flow for our three-person cabin. This promotion was better than anticipated. 

There are lots of alternatives including purchasing water and filling up ice and water at the buffet in containers brought from home. We had large yeti mugs and did this at times. But, a liter for taking meds or middle-of-the-night hydration after a night (ok, DAY … and morning) of drinking is a nice convenience. 

NCL should consider continuing this offer or even doing as an inexpensive, time of booking upcharge. Call it the $29 value and sell it for $4.99. With delivery to state room, this would be a cost/break even for Norwegian and the customer service win might overcome the failed revenue capture. With so many ways to avoid paying $30 for 6 liters of boxed water, this is a good balance for NCL. 

You should have received 12 or maybe 18 depending on the age of the 3rd passenger.

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

Yes I get that but that is only the main benefits, not all the codes are included there, for instance double latitude points will not appear there. I suspect water would not appear as a separate line there as it falls under the beverage package.

true but the water promo should be in the codes listing on the first page if not on the second page.

btw my latitudes status has changed since I booked the cruise so it doesn’t show the bottle of water I’m due through that. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

But both say "exclusions apply" which I think means you will not be receiving the water as you did not book during the 3 month booking window.

You are correct.  But there is also a link for details and following that link, and the links on the page you are borught to finds no discussion of "exclusions" for the water.   So if they are going to claim this date range exclusion, it's not publicized anywhere and that simply isn't right.

• Like 1