Has NCL fulfilled the promise of 6 Litres of water for NCL passengers with the Free At Sea package?

PapaGoose

When checking in online yesterday, I noticed that the reference/inclusion of the 6-water pack was missing from our reservation as well; however, when reviewing our eDocs this morning, the water pack (and quantity) is listed under “Onboard Amenities”.  

Just got off the Breakaway and we did not get our water.  Guest Services was useless.  They kept asking to see my receipt and the description codes.  If it is part of the package then you need to provide it.  However, the water from the buffet worked for us.  Lesson learned, take the full receipt plus your e-documents with you.

• Thanks 1

Off the Prima a couple weeks ago… we are both platinum now and I preordered 12 liters for the week (my stomach is sensitive to water outside of my home state for some reason, unless bottled) and we received 24 bottles and I had no idea why. Just went with it. We ended up leaving a half dozen behind and hope our steward took them for himself (left him a note offering them to him.)

17 minutes ago, Kierste said:

Off the Prima a couple weeks ago… we are both platinum now and I preordered 12 liters for the week (my stomach is sensitive to water outside of my home state for some reason, unless bottled) and we received 24 bottles and I had no idea why. Just went with it. We ended up leaving a half dozen behind and hope our steward took them for himself (left him a note offering them to him.)

It seems like you received 12 that you paid for and 12 from the promotion.  But you also should of received some as Platinum.

I wish we could get a straight answer about this. I don't want to buy some and find out we're getting the promo water. And I drink about a gallon a day, which will mean a lot of running back and forth to the buffet to fill up if we don't get the promo water and I don't buy any.

4 minutes ago, Jordan61 said:

I wish we could get a straight answer about this. I don't want to buy some and find out we're getting the promo water. And I drink about a gallon a day, which will mean a lot of running back and forth to the buffet to fill up if we don't get the promo water and I don't buy any.

When did you book?

3 minutes ago, Jordan61 said:

Mid-December, for a cruise in May. I have a printout of our booked items, which shows the water. But I really don't want to fight guest services about it.

You should get it since it is in the correct booking period.   I would definitely bring the printout with you if you do not receive it.

So I just called the concierge desk (or whatever it's called) because I needed to change a dining reservation, and I asked about the water. The very nice lady I spoke to said it's showing up on my reservation on her end. I'm still going to bring the printout with me, though.

1 hour ago, Jordan61 said:

Can  you ask for a pitcher in  your room?

BTW, the water from the tap in your room is probably the same as the water served in the buffet.

7 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Can  you ask for a pitcher in  your room?

BTW, the water from the tap in your room is probably the same as the water served in the buffet.

Oh, well that works! I'll just need to make sure the steward keeps us stocked with ice.

On 2/18/2023 at 11:52 AM, disneylover89 said:

I took a photo of my reservations showing I was to get the 6 containers of water 3 days ago but now when I look at my 2 reservations, they are gone. 🤔  I never expected to get it anyway even though I was supposed to, NCL changes their rules too often.

I just wanted to update.... Even though the water is no longer visible on my reservation on the APP or website, today I paid in full and I was emailed the paid in full receipt and the 6 bottles of water per person is listed in the promo codes so maybe we will get our water.  This will definitely come in handy for our beach and hiking excursions. 

Both the 6 liters (free) and the case of 24 liters I purchased are missing from my vacation add-ones that were there last week. Called my PCC and she said the 6 liters were still showing on my reservation but I needed to show proof of purchase of the 24. Weird

Hello All. 

Original Poster here and we just got home from our 9 Night Panama Canal and ABC Island adventure aboard the lovely Norwegian Jewel. 

Upon boarding our ship on Feb 13 we found the 12 cartons of Flow water that I had preordered in our Aft Facing Balcony. There was no complimentary 6 pack of water for us from the short time offer from NCL. I didn’t think we would be receiving it as we booked our Feb 2023 cruise back in May 2022 and early on in this thread that fact became quite evident. 

Water haters gonna hate but we used up every drop of those 12 litres. Not to mention that we ordered another 6 litres during the voyage for their $19.95 deal.

Figuring out how to order it onboard was fun as everyone from our wonderful stateroom steward, Brian, the bartenders at several locations and the seemingly always grumpy Guest Service reps bounced us around with useless suggestions. Finally after many attempts at solving this dilemma a surprisingly less grumpy Guest Service rep suggested that we ask our steward for an order form. Brian seemed confused about this but he worked his magic and found a form for us to fill out. When we got back to our stateroom 3 hours later we had 6 cartons waiting for us. There was a charge on our account very soon after including a 20% gratuity. I feel like I should have been given the tip! 😉 

Funny side note is we everyone in our area of the ship received the exact same form the next day with our Daily Freestyle. Go figure!

Moral of the story is we didn’t get the “free” 6 litres as promised (sort of) by NCL because it probably was one of their more deceiving offers. We used every drop of the water that we purchased because it was smoking hot at most of our ports and non alcoholic rehydration was a goal of ours so that we could enjoy the alcoholic rehydration on our lovely balcony watching sunset after sunset with the woman I love. 

Whle there were some head shaking, what are they thinking, do you really want to do that, kind moments on our vacation I would confidently say the pros outweighed the cons. 

Now, I have to go out and shovel some snow. Two days ago I was in shorts and a t-shirt sailing through the awesome Panama Canal…

I never imagined this thread would create so many fun responses. 

Stay well everyone and let the good times Flow! See what I did there?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, VarukaSalt said:

Soooooo….um……

I was never gonna get free water (never saw that offer), so can I not just bring a couple of refillable water bottles with me?  Is that gonna be a pain on port days?  Is the tap water fine to drink??

You can buy water or drink/refill with the tap water which they claim is safe or use the free water from the buffet. This thread is not just about water. It’s about the change to open bar when they included the six liters of Flow water and then removed it and the challenges people have had to get them to honor it.

I refill my bottle all the time but it annoys me to no end NCL can’t do this promo(?) correctly.

Edited by mistertomatoe
  • Like 2

On 2/21/2023 at 3:14 PM, Jordan61 said:

Did you pay your final payment yet? If so, they will send you another confirmation showing you're paid in full and on the upper right hand corner there will be a code (WATER6PK) for the 6 liters of water. If it has the code, you should get the water, print out the confirmation and bring it with you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The screenshots people provided of the terms say the cruise had to be booked between 9/14/22-12/15/22.

I booked my March 26 cruise on 10/10/22 so it was within that period. However, there was no mention of the 6 pack of 1 liter carton of water to go along with what was then called the "Premium Beverage Package" in the confirmation email. I added the shareholder onboard credit shortly after and got an Amenity Confirmation email but that too didn't mention any 6 pack of water. The only place I saw it was in the Vacation Add-On section in the Vacation Summary on the website but that disappeared a month or two ago.

I checked-in a few hours ago and retrieved the e-docs and it lists the beverage package and water as:

Unlimited Open Bar Package BEVPK1 1
Water 6-pack (1-Liter) WBP6

Note the promo code is not WATER6PK but WBP6 and the beverage package is the current name "Unlimited Open Bar Package."

Hopefully this means it will show up in my cabin.

• Like 3