New Coffee Grounds Package

jerrie limbie

Hello. On the new Coffee Grounds Package are you able to use it in the MDR at dinner time? I enjoy espresso or latte with dessert. It would be a great option to use as part of the 15 specialty coffee package. I know you can use it at the International Cafe. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Yes. MDR, room service, buffet, ocean now orders - basically any time you order the system should “charge it” to your coffee package,

Big thank you! I think I will order it. Looking forward to some of the flavored lattes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jerrie limbie said:

Big thank you! I think I will order it. Looking forward to some of the flavored lattes. 

Don’t believe you can use it for room service orders, unless you have the plus drink package.  It says any bar or dining venue that has an espresso machine.

If it is just the coffee package:

Here’s the link:

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-package-disclaimer/

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Don’t believe you can use it for room service orders, unless you have the plus drink package.  It says any bar or dining venue that has an espresso machine.

Here’s the link:

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-package-disclaimer/

I haven’t personally tried it on room service so you could be correct ( I have had Plus when ordering). @jerrie limbie  to avoid unwanted charges when you make a room service order if the item is covered by your package the screen will show if something is included in your package and your basket total amount owed will show as zero. 

I will be using a coffee package in Feb and can report back on whether it works for room service 😄

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Here’s the link:

I think you are right

On one of our cruises last year I did not have the Plus/drink package. I bought the coffee package but it did not seem like I could order in the app or TV with this. I mostly  just went to International Cafe

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

I haven’t personally tried it on room service so you could be correct ( I have had Plus when ordering). @jerrie limbie  to avoid unwanted charges when you make a room service order if the item is covered by your package the screen will show if something is included in your package and your basket total amount owed will show as zero. 

I will be using a coffee package in Feb and can report back on whether it works for room service 😄

I only had the coffee package in Dec and ordered through RS.  They said they charged me because it comes from the bar.  I would just have to go to any bar with an espresso machine, IC, buffet coffee bar or coffee and cones and pick it up.  I do not know about the MDR, never used it there before.  

Let us know in Feb.  Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

I only had the coffee package in Dec and ordered through RS.  They said they charged me because it comes from the bar.  I would just have to go to any bar with an espresso machine, IC, buffet coffee bar or coffee and cones and pick it up.  I do not know about the MDR, never used it there before.  

Let us know in Feb.  Thanks

I will report back but your experience is so recent that I would rely on that.  I was thinking about my experiences with Plus! 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Yes. MDR, room service, buffet, ocean now orders - basically any time you order the system should “charge it” to your coffee package,

@jerrie limbie others who have used the coffee package for room service orders have not been successful.  I based my answer off my memory of having Plus package.  So, I think you need to disregard my answer entirely and rely on someone who has ordered with only the coffee package. I would edit/ delete my original reply  if I could.

I will be on board Royal in a week and will ask. Also will try it out in Feb and report back.

I apologize for giving bad info. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, jerrie limbie said:

I think I misspoke. Suggest asking your waiter in MDR if it will be charged to the coffee package when ordering.