Carry-on Soda

RumpunchGirl

On 1/15/2023 at 1:08 PM, hillbillycruisers said:

We carry cans of soda on with us every cruise. Last November boarding the Vista, I had loose cans in both my carry on and my backpack...and security let my bags roll right on thru without checking them. This last week...boarding the Dream...same amount of cans...same bags...they made me take out EVERY can to check them. Both times in Galveston. Next time, I'm putting them in a separate bag by themselves.

Wait, so loose cans ARE allowed?

If so, can I bring 4 coke, 4 sprite, and 4 Mountain Dew as one 12-pack allowance? I like variety! 😀

Since the wife and I no longer drink alcohol, we very much appreciate our dealcoholized Cabernet Sauvignon and Bud Zero. I understand that we are allowed a bottle of wine each in our carry-on. Does the cruise line view zero alcohol canned beer any different than soda water ? If we can take a couple dozen 'fake beer' and a couple bottles of 'fake wine' we'd be happy campers.

On 1/17/2023 at 10:26 PM, mkkao924 said:

Wait, so loose cans ARE allowed?

If so, can I bring 4 coke, 4 sprite, and 4 Mountain Dew as one 12-pack allowance? I like variety! 😀

Not only can you do that, but your 12 cans don't have to be those kind of soft drinks. I always bring Dole Pineapple/Orange juice cans. Then the rest are 1-2 kinds of other drinks. I've even seen people who have the drink package say they are taking energy drinks because the kind they like isn't offered with the cruise line. Variety, the spice of life lol.