Kid Friendly?

Mauter003

Looking at some cruises for June and was wondering if anyone has taken kid(s) with them and if they enjoyed it. Were they bored? Were there other kids or is it mainly adults? Pricing is very tempting but want to make sure she'll enjoy it too!! Our daughter will almost be 9 when we sail 😃

• Like 1

We have 5 school age grandkids with us for our July Med cruise. 6-12. What you post was a main concern for us. From various threads and posters with kids on recent cruises, the kid’s programming has been a hit. Many preferred Celebrity over the larger ships very geared for kids that they have cruised. Kids often preferred the less crowded activities and the closer attention they were given. Likely more families with kids during school breaks and summer vaca. Anyway.…Hoping that positive reports are still the case! 

• Like 1

My daughter was 9 when she did her first Celebrity cruise with me last year and she loved it. I had to practically drag her out of the kids club each day.  I did a live review of our cruise on this board and happy to try and find it and post a link if you’re interested.

There were only a few kids when we were on but she still found a playmate. But we were sailing while school was in session. There are a lot more kids on Celebrity (not as many as Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, etc. but more) in summer when school is out.

She loved it so much we’re doing our next Celebrity cruise together in March and she’s already crossing off days on her calendar!

• Like 1

We take our kids and they LOVE it! Mine actually prefer Celebrity to more "kid-friendly" lines like Royal Caribbean because they don't like the crowds and chaos that come along with all of the activities. My sister and I grew up sailing Celebrity in the 90s when it was MUCH more formal than it is now and we loved it too. 

I think children do just fine on Celebrity; mine had a great time in 2022.  The kid club is good...not great, but good. The nice thing was the ease of use of the club - never long lines to sign in or out. I had expected a Science/Technology/Math slant since Celebrity makes a big deal about it but there was zero.  Typical games/arts and crafts/video games; which is fine and acceptable. There is less daytime activities around the ship to keep kids interest, although they are welcome at the nightly fun events like game shows, silent disco, and of course theater shows.  

If your kid NEEDS a full fledged amusement park, Celeb isn't the answer, and they have no private beach port stop.  However if your kid can have fun with the camp and tagging along at other activities, Celebrity is definitely kid welcoming and family friendly.  (I did not like the pools on S-class ships.  THey are very shallow and watching other kids horse around in there made me super nervous; like only 2-3 feet deep and saw a kid hit their head) 

The Solarium pool is much deeper than the main pool and they have Family hours everyday starting at 4pm. 

10 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I think children do just fine on Celebrity; mine had a great time in 2022.  The kid club is good...not great, but good. The nice thing was the ease of use of the club - never long lines to sign in or out. I had expected a Science/Technology/Math slant since Celebrity makes a big deal about it but there was zero.  Typical games/arts and crafts/video games; which is fine and acceptable. There is less daytime activities around the ship to keep kids interest, although they are welcome at the nightly fun events like game shows, silent disco, and of course theater shows.  

If your kid NEEDS a full fledged amusement park, Celeb isn't the answer, and they have no private beach port stop.  However if your kid can have fun with the camp and tagging along at other activities, Celebrity is definitely kid welcoming and family friendly.  (I did not like the pools on S-class ships.  THey are very shallow and watching other kids horse around in there made me super nervous; like only 2-3 feet deep and saw a kid hit their head) 

The Solarium pool is much deeper than the main pool and they have Family hours everyday starting at 4pm. 

Family time at the Solarium.  4pm to when?  Something tells me that it’s not ONLY at 4pm.  Isn’t the solarium supposed to be adults only other than 4pm?

Just now, zitsky said:

Family time at the Solarium.  4pm to when?  Something tells me that it’s not ONLY at 4pm.  Isn’t the solarium supposed to be adults only other than 4pm?

4pm-7pm daily is family time.  Inclement weather or cold weather sailings they may modify that. 

On 1/8/2023 at 1:04 PM, Mauter003 said:

Looking at some cruises for June and was wondering if anyone has taken kid(s) with them and if they enjoyed it. Were they bored? Were there other kids or is it mainly adults? Pricing is very tempting but want to make sure she'll enjoy it too!! Our daughter will almost be 9 when we sail 😃

We've taken our kids on 14 Celebrity cruises since they were 3 yrs old (daughter) and 7 mo old (son). They've always love it. The kids club (Camp at Sea) is geared very well for the 9 yr old range. 

If you are sailing in June, there should be plenty of families with kids her age on board. 

Edited by mahdnc

When a required vax, plus testing and masks were still a thing, in April 2022, our 4.5 year old sailed Edge for a first big trip post-pandemic.  We probably had less than 10 kids on the ship despite the Easter holiday.  Our son had a great time.  Definitely not for a child that would want an amusement park, splash paid, or even shuffleboard.  

15 hours ago, Cap_D said:

When a required vax, plus testing and masks were still a thing, in April 2022, our 4.5 year old sailed Edge for a first big trip post-pandemic.  We probably had less than 10 kids on the ship despite the Easter holiday.  Our son had a great time.  Definitely not for a child that would want an amusement park, splash paid, or even shuffleboard.  

Great to hear!  We're taking our nearly 5 year old on Apex in a few weeks!  I think she'll have a great time and will definitely be happy with "just" the pool and Kids Club!