When are actual excursion lists posted?

Spurlady

We are doing the Homelands cruise this summer.  I have looked at the potential excursions and Sailor Paul included a pdf of a past cruise which was a huge help in planning, but I would like to know which ones will be offered in 2023.  Does anyone know how far in advance the excursions are posted?  Thanks for your insight.

Ours for May 2023 were posted in late December. Helps to actually see what the cruise will have available when the booking window opens, and the cost. Also lists the times they are offered if there are choices. 

Go to the Viking Ocean Web site and click on Home Land cruise.

Scroll through the itinerary day by day and you will see descriptions for all excursions. Look up  booking date in your  MVJ  and  book your excursions when they open up.

Make your list  and enjoy dreaming about your upcoming cruise.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Ours for May 2023 were posted in late December. Helps to actually see what the cruise will have available when the booking window opens, and the cost. Also lists the times they are offered if there are choices. 

On the other hand, ours for May 2023 are still not posted.  I’m checking every day now.  It used to be they were posted about 120 days out, but recently some cruises have reported 150 days out.  We are 137 days out.  

19 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

On the other hand, ours for May 2023 are still not posted.  I’m checking every day now.  It used to be they were posted about 120 days out, but recently some cruises have reported 150 days out.  We are 137 days out.  

It will pop up very soon. I think that Owners suite can book from 105 days out so I'd expect 120 days at the latest. I check obsessively too and is always a surprise when you don't expect them and there they are 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spurlady said:

We are doing the Homelands cruise this summer.  I have looked at the potential excursions and Sailor Paul included a pdf of a past cruise which was a huge help in planning, but I would like to know which ones will be offered in 2023.  Does anyone know how far in advance the excursions are posted?  Thanks for your insight.

It all depends. It’s been all over the map during Covid. Azulann has the right idea. Just check on the main website and pick what looks good. Sometimes you might not know until booking opens. So if you’ve perused the website, you’ll at least be prepared for probables.

On 1/8/2023 at 4:20 PM, Spurlady said:

The excursions for our "Viking Homelands" sailing departing Stockholm on 01 May 2023 posted in "My Viking Journey" sometime this past week.  (They were not there last Sunday but were there when I checked on Friday.)  That would equate to posting somewhere between 112 and 108 days before embarkation.

The ones in MVJ also show significant changes from what are listed for the ports on the itinerary page on Viking.  For example, the included tour in Stockholm--listed on the generic itinerary information for the port--"Panoramic Tour" became "Old Town by Foot."  There were another one or two changes like that.  I'm happy with a change from sitting on a bus, but others might not be.

Most mystifying, however, a PORT seems to have changed.  I have nothing from Viking on the change and the port still appears on the itinerary on Viking.com.  But not in MVJ.  Aalborg in Denmark is gone, replaced by Skagen.  (You can still purchase an optional tour from Viking to Aalborg for $229 but it's an 1h15m drive each way from Skagen.)

I understand cruise lines can and do change itineraries whenever they like--this one already dropped Helsinki, St. Petersburg, and Tallinn for the obvious reason--but Viking should send out a notification.  This is our first time with Viking Ocean--is this common?  I know folks on CC.com were also surprised by Viking's increase in pricing for gratuities and the beverage package. 

1 hour ago, loriva said:

The excursions for our "Viking Homelands" sailing departing Stockholm on 01 May 2023 posted in "My Viking Journey" sometime this past week.  (They were not there last Sunday but were there when I checked on Friday.)  That would equate to posting somewhere between 112 and 108 days before embarkation.

The ones in MVJ also show significant changes from what are listed for the ports on the itinerary page on Viking.  For example, the included tour in Stockholm--listed on the generic itinerary information for the port--"Panoramic Tour" became "Old Town by Foot."  There were another one or two changes like that.  I'm happy with a change from sitting on a bus, but others might not be.

Most mystifying, however, a PORT seems to have changed.  I have nothing from Viking on the change and the port still appears on the itinerary on Viking.com.  But not in MVJ.  Aalborg in Denmark is gone, replaced by Skagen.  (You can still purchase an optional tour from Viking to Aalborg for $229 but it's an 1h15m drive each way from Skagen.)

I understand cruise lines can and do change itineraries whenever they like--this one already dropped Helsinki, St. Petersburg, and Tallinn for the obvious reason--but Viking should send out a notification.  This is our first time with Viking Ocean--is this common?  I know folks on CC.com were also surprised by Viking's increase in pricing for gratuities and the beverage package. 

IMO: Skagen is a huge improvement over Aalborg, especially if you like sea, sand and art.(Sort of home to the Danish Skagen artists, including a good art museum.) And walking to the meeting place of the Kattegat and Skagerrak is kind of fun. Old Denmark charm and a great place to wander.  Aalborg is a city.

1 hour ago, loriva said:

Thank you for this update.  It helps.  Can you share the pdf for the excursions?  I realize they may change for mine, but an updated list would be nice.  Thank you

8 hours ago, loriva said:

In MVJ request an Invoice. These usually contain all the current ports and dock times when there's been a change. 

4 minutes ago, Pushka said:

In MVJ request an Invoice. These usually contain all the current ports and dock times when there's been a change. 

How does one do this?  I don't see any option in MVJ.  I've had to ask my TA to send me updated invoices for Viking.

And--I lied--Viking DID notify us of the change of port from Aaborg to Skagen in an email sent in August 2022.  Somehow I filed it and did not update my Word document on the trip.  And if you drill down from the landing page of the Viking Homelands sailing--where it still shows Aalborg--to our actual sail date itinerary it correctly shows Skagen.  So, my bad not Viking's.

46 minutes ago, loriva said:

How does one do this?  I don't see any option in MVJ.  I've had to ask my TA to send me updated invoices for Viking.

And--I lied--Viking DID notify us of the change of port from Aaborg to Skagen in an email sent in August 2022.  Somehow I filed it and did not update my Word document on the trip.  And if you drill down from the landing page of the Viking Homelands sailing--where it still shows Aalborg--to our actual sail date itinerary it correctly shows Skagen.  So, my bad not Viking's.

Login to MVJ and the cruise. Those three lines on the top left - expand them. Look for Account near the bottom. . Select that. Landing takes you to email address change and there is a tab called 'Request Tax Invoice'. It will be sent to the email address on file.  

3 hours ago, Pushka said:

Login to MVJ and the cruise. Those three lines on the top left - expand them. Look for Account near the bottom. . Select that. Landing takes you to email address change and there is a tab called 'Request Tax Invoice'. It will be sent to the email address on file.  

May be different on the Oz site, but my MVJ does not show the Tax Invoice tab, nor does it allow change of email - just password.

My booking is through a TA as well as @loriva's and a number of MVJ functions are restricted - have to contact the TA for them. Cheers! 🍺🥌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CurlerRob said:

May be different on the Oz site, but my MVJ does not show the Tax Invoice tab, nor does it allow change of email - just password.

My booking is through a TA as well as @loriva's and a number of MVJ functions are restricted - have to contact the TA for them. Cheers! 🍺🥌

That makes sense as we booked direct with Viking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2023 at 5:40 PM, Pushka said:

That also does not work for me.  The only thing under "Account" is the option to change my password.

So either not a feature offered to those of us in the United States or because we are booked with a TA.

But, thanks @Pushka, for providing information on that option.  It may help others.