Flight Boston-Toronto is Midday Enough time?

lissie

We come off the Zaandam in Boston 23 August. We are looking at a flight to Quebec (via Toronto) at midday.  HAL says we will "arrive" at 7am so I imagine we will be in port fairly early. We can self-disembark. 

My main question is do we need to allow 3 hours to checkin for Canada. We are flying on NZ passports and will have an ETA. Most large airports have a 3 hour check in suggestion - I'm just not sure how it works between Canada and the USA .  We may need to check luggage (haven't decided whether we can do carry on only yet). 

So Air Canada doesn't even use the international terminal at Logan, so it is going to be pretty much like a domestic flight except you have to show someone your passport at some point (although I'm a US citizen, so I can't say for sure there aren't other hiccups). 

The cruiseport and the airport are quite close, but there can be traffic - particularly because they are closing one of the tunnels to the airport this year. But all and in, I feel like if you are off the ship and through customs by 9:00 am, a noon flight is totally doable.

• Like 1

It's also likely that the people at the gate are not Air Canada staff but contractors that Air Canada hires.  Once in Baltimore (on the way to a cruise) we were booked on the 10 am flight.  That got cancelled but not until after the 2 pm flight left (and they wouldn't let us fly on it).  Wouldn't let us on the 4 pm flight.  8 hours late we did get on the 6 pm.  Luckily our connection in Toronto was also late.

• Like 1