World Cruise

jgmc

On 1/11/2023 at 3:49 AM, turtlemichael said:

Yes, I'm on board but not doing a blog. There are not enough hours in the day and the internet connection is shite!  However, I'm happy to answer any questions.

When you have the opportunity, would you tell us more about the special private events Silversea provided exclusively to passengers of the current world cruise, specifically the Philippine island beach party and the Hạ Long Bay cave dinner?

• Like 3

20 hours ago, HappyCamper777 said:

When you have the opportunity, would you tell us more about the special private events Silversea provided exclusively to passengers of the current world cruise, specifically the Philippine island beach party and the Hạ Long Bay cave dinner?

Certainly. Give me a day or two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2023 at 12:22 AM, HappyCamper777 said:

We are now in Durban and are heading out to a High Tea in a couple of hours. (Someone has to do it!)

First, the World Cruise event on Kalanggaman Island in the Philippines was on February 10.  To the best of my recall it was not exclusively for world cruise guests, though I may be wrong. We anchored off the island around 1.00pm and were met by several boats circling Shadow blaring music and full of people in costume singing and dancing. We went ashore and enjoyed a swim in the clearest of tropical waters on a white sand beach. There were dancers, singers and stalls with food and beverages. All very lively. We went back to the ship for a shower and returned to the island for dinner which was a variety of island foods. Some of it was a bit "iffy" but no one seemed to get sick afterwards. The meal was served by young hospitality trainees from nearby. Again, the dancing was wonderful.  I now rate this one of the best events on this cruise so far.

The Ha Long Bay event, February 20, was an hour's bus ride from the ship in "The Cave of Descending Dragons". I think from memory that this event was exclusively for World Cruise guests. The set up of the cave was magnificent with very spectacular lighting. Music came from a Vietnamese-Australian concert pianist, a local Vietnamese orchestra, boys and girls carrying and amazing dragon accompanied by drums. The meal was also very good, and I think we got through it without any problems. The servers were kids from Hanoi full of enthusiasm and very skilled. There were some complaints about the length of the bus ride but we've reached the conclusion that there is always a few who will complain whatever happens!

Most of the events, so far, have been very good. Many have been outside events in very testing circumstances. All up, going well. I hope this answers your question.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

We are now in Durban and are heading out to a High Tea in a couple of hours. (Someone has to do it!)

First, the World Cruise event on Kalanggaman Island in the Philippines was on February 10.  To the best of my recall it was not exclusively for world cruise guests, though I may be wrong. We anchored off the island around 1.00pm and were met by several boats circling Shadow blaring music and full of people in costume singing and dancing. We went ashore and enjoyed a swim in the clearest of tropical waters on a white sand beach. There were dancers, singers and stalls with food and beverages. All very lively. We went back to the ship for a shower and returned to the island for dinner which was a variety of island foods. Some of it was a bit "iffy" but no one seemed to get sick afterwards. The meal was served by young hospitality trainees from nearby. Again, the dancing was wonderful.  I now rate this one of the best events on this cruise so far.

The Ha Long Bay event, February 20, was an hour's bus ride from the ship in "The Cave of Descending Dragons". I think from memory that this event was exclusively for World Cruise guests. The set up of the cave was magnificent with very spectacular lighting. Music came from a Vietnamese-Australian concert pianist, a local Vietnamese orchestra, boys and girls carrying and amazing dragon accompanied by drums. The meal was also very good, and I think we got through it without any problems. The servers were kids from Hanoi full of enthusiasm and very skilled. There were some complaints about the length of the bus ride but we've reached the conclusion that there is always a few who will complain whatever happens!

Most of the events, so far, have been very good. Many have been outside events in very testing circumstances. All up, going well. I hope this answers your question.

Thanks Turtle!  

On 4/9/2023 at 2:09 AM, turtlemichael said:

Thank you for answering my question turtlemichael.  After listening to the SS CEO rave about both of these private events, it is very helpful to read your firsthand experience.  Again, thank you for taking the time to respond.

• Like 2