Anyone on Sky Princess now? 1/11/23

MustangGT

Looking forward to our upcoming B2B on Sky Princess - Eastern & Western Caribbean - in about 3 weeks.  We are hoping some one can check their Patters for Pickleball times.

ETA :I have tried searching this forum and Googling with no luck.

Thanks so much!!

Edited by MustangGT
Adding content
  • Like 1

• MustangGT changed the title to Anyone on Sky Princess now? 1/11/23
20 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

Looking forward to our upcoming B2B on Sky Princess - Eastern & Western Caribbean - in about 3 weeks.  We are hoping some one can check their Patters for Pickleball times.

ETA :I have tried searching this forum and Googling with no luck.

Thanks so much!!

Have you considered cruising on HAL (Holland America) since they are the PPA cruise line?

All Holland America cruise ships have pickleball. The line features the sport on Rotterdam, Eurodam, Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Nieuw Statendam, Noordam, Oosterdam, Volendam, Westerdam, Zaandam and Zuiderdam. Also, Holland America Line has been named the official cruise line of the Professional Pickleball Association (PPA).

15 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Have you considered cruising on HAL (Holland America) since they are the PPA cruise line?

All Holland America cruise ships have pickleball. The line features the sport on Rotterdam, Eurodam, Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Nieuw Statendam, Noordam, Oosterdam, Volendam, Westerdam, Zaandam and Zuiderdam. Also, Holland America Line has been named the official cruise line of the Professional Pickleball Association (PPA).

Thanks for your reply!

Princess does have Pickleball also.  I’m looking for Patters to see how often we will get the opportunity to play.  Deciding if we should take our own paddles.

You should be able to see some things on the Princess app in the section Journey View.   I know for our cruise on Feb. 25 I can see Pickleball listed.   I am sure more will be added to Journey View as we get closer but you should see some now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

You should be able to see some things on the Princess app in the section Journey View.   I know for our cruise on Feb. 25 I can see Pickleball listed.   I am sure more will be added to Journey View as we get closer but you should see some now.

Thanks for the great idea!  I will try that!

52 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

If you are particularly partial to your own paddles then I would certainly plan on taking them.

It’s not like we make money playing Pickleball. Lol! 🤣

We are thinking of taking them and maybe being able to play if the court is not in use during other times of the day, in addition to the “official” Pickleball sessions.  (The nuns would smack me for such a run-on sentence!) 

Thanks for your suggestion!

Edited by MustangGT

I was on the Sky in December and they typically have 'open pickellball' sessions about once per day (doing this from memory, so I could be off). 

Picketball shares the court with basketball and ad-hoc soccer and from what I noticed, it isn't heavily moderated (inmates running the asylum). 

But, the good news is the pickellball nets are movable...people move them to the sides when the court is used for basketball, and then move them back on the court when it's free and folks want to play pickellball.  So, if the court's open, I think you can just move the nets and pickel away.  

There were plenty of balls and paddles/racquets....they might not be the best quality, but for casual play, I think they are fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nwnittany said:

I was on the Sky in December and they typically have 'open pickellball' sessions about once per day (doing this from memory, so I could be off). 

Picketball shares the court with basketball and ad-hoc soccer and from what I noticed, it isn't heavily moderated (inmates running the asylum). 

But, the good news is the pickellball nets are movable...people move them to the sides when the court is used for basketball, and then move them back on the court when it's free and folks want to play pickellball.  So, if the court's open, I think you can just move the nets and pickel away.  

There were plenty of balls and paddles/racquets....they might not be the best quality, but for casual play, I think they are fine.

Thanks for your helpful post!  
We are looking forward to sailing on the Sky!