Do suite sailors board earlier?

AlaskaNewbie68

They board "first" sort of.  They have their own boarding line.  We were not in a suite and boarding started at 1:30. We had a 1:30 terminal arrival  time and were in our cabin by 1:45.  The suit line started maybe 1 minute before our line.  They are serious about not arriving at the terminal more than 30 minutes before your arrival time--if you do, you'll be politely directed to come back at 1:00 or later.  In a suite, you'll automatically have a 1:30 arrival time.  I know...they call it an arrival time, but boarding starts very shortly thereafter.

• Like 1

Yer, just to build on this a bit. One of the Rockstar perks is you can board at any time (in the boarding window). You can book a boarding time, or you can just "rock" up and board. Its useful as a perk if you are rushing from the airport to board etc. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

If you have a 12:30 arrival time and have a suite or splash of romance package do they have a lounge with food and drinks while you wait?

i don't think they have food, but they might have water?  if you want/need a snack, bring one to munch on while you wait!

• Like 1

They serve champagne in the reception for suite guests that is on board the ship after boarding--NOT in the terminal.  After you board, instead of going to your cabin or lunch, the first stop is the reception where you will meet various people like your host, the spa manager, excursions manager, etc. who will make any reservations you need.

On our cruise, I'm not aware that there was a 12:30 arrival time.  We had 1:30--arrived at a few minutes before 1 and checked our luggage, then were told we had to return at 1:00 or later (which was only a few minutes--they were that strict).  At 1:00 we began the check in process and after check in were taken to a waiting area until 1:30.  At 1:30, the person in this area excused herself "to contact her supervisor" as she said she normally got the word to start boarding right at 1:30 and it hadn't come.  She walked a short distance. used what looked like a walkie-talkie, and came back to start the boarding.   This was Barcelona, so Miami could be different.  No one had food or drink while waiting, but no one waited even 30 minutes (max time in the building was 30 min, and a few of that was with check in).

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

They serve champagne in the reception for suite guests that is on board the ship after boarding--NOT in the terminal.  After you board, instead of going to your cabin or lunch, the first stop is the reception where you will meet various people like your host, the spa manager, excursions manager, etc. who will make any reservations you need.

On our cruise, I'm not aware that there was a 12:30 arrival time.  We had 1:30--arrived at a few minutes before 1 and checked our luggage, then were told we had to return at 1:00 or later (which was only a few minutes--they were that strict).  At 1:00 we began the check in process and after check in were taken to a waiting area until 1:30.  At 1:30, the person in this area excused herself "to contact her supervisor" as she said she normally got the word to start boarding right at 1:30 and it hadn't come.  She walked a short distance. used what looked like a walkie-talkie, and came back to start the boarding.   This was Barcelona, so Miami could be different.  No one had food or drink while waiting, but no one waited even 30 minutes (max time in the building was 30 min, and a few of that was with check in).

We initially had a 2 pm arrival time but recently they added earlier times and we were able to change it to 12:30 for our Feb 19 cruise on Valiant Lady. We also have Splash of Romance. But in our group not all have it and we all got a 12:30 arrival time. 

1 hour ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

We initially had a 2 pm arrival time but recently they added earlier times and we were able to change it to 12:30 for our Feb 19 cruise on Valiant Lady. We also have Splash of Romance. But in our group not all have it and we all got a 12:30 arrival time. 

Splash of Romance and Deep Blue Extras don’t alter the arrival time, they just give you a seperate line once you are in the terminal building. Depending on the time it can save 20 minutes of queuing, but the queue isn’t that bad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

i think that actually happened to me on one of mine last year - my boarding time was automatically assigned to 12:30 or something super early, then i got a notification shortly before the trip basically saying "oops the system assigned you a too early time" and we got 1:30.

23 hours ago, AlaskaNewbie68 said:

Hello, I know that suites have their own lane/lounge area, but do they also board earlier? Thank you!

I just boarded in Miami a week ago and the order was:  Romance Package and we Sea Rovers were allowed to enter the Terminal first and directed to a very nice waiting area  on the second floor until the ship was ready to board.  We all were already pre-checked in.

The Rock Star suite guests enter security screening area from another door behind a glass wall.  Once they entered security screening, the Romance Package guest were called and then the us Sea Rovers third.  This was all happening before the first check in line (1:30 line) even entered the terminal.

As a Sea Rover, I was through security and in my room in 15 minutes.  The Rock Star Suite passengers where ahead of us.

This was Miami....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

In general the boarding itself does not start until 1 or 1:30 but VV does have a really nice terminal to relax in while you wait for actual boarding to start. 

• Like 2