MSC website is really messed up right now?

CruiseScrooge

No cruises after May 2023 are shown on the website. Prices for cruises don't match on the website and what agents have. I tried to book a cruise solo with 2 msc agents on the phone and the price of a solo past passenger was way off. All the 7 day cruises out of florida start at over $750 now not including fees solo when you talk to a agent  while the website says they start in the low $300's.  Something is screwy.

Edited by CruiseScrooge

• CruiseScrooge changed the title to MSC website is really messed up right now?
12 hours ago, CruiseScrooge said:

There has been price changes just in the last few minutes. Prices went up on the website. Gone is the $326 Seaside cruise i was trying to book. It is now $399. 

I've seen this in the last few weeks when the guarantee category is no longer available.  All that was left for a friend to book onto my cruise was a non-guarantee cabin at a slightly higher rate.  

Their website is so strange.  

I've been trying to mock book a cruise out of NYC for later this year but I've found no way to specify that I'm a single traveler and it is insisting I put in the info for a second passenger.  The site is not complex and I've clicked on every item on the page I could find but no luck.

What am I missing?

8 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Their website is so strange.  

I've been trying to mock book a cruise out of NYC for later this year but I've found no way to specify that I'm a single traveler and it is insisting I put in the info for a second passenger.  The site is not complex and I've clicked on every item on the page I could find but no luck.

What am I missing?

Hello PistolPete13,

From the main page, you need to fill in the selection criteria (port , date, etc.) and press <Select> which brings you to the available sailings.  Than select the sailing you want which brings you to a screen with the available offers.  You'll notice above the available offers there is a section that has "1 stateroom/2 people", "add MSC voyager club number", etc.  Select the "+" next to the "1 stateroom/2 people" and change the number of "Adults" and select <Next>.  Than continue from there by selecting the offer you want to get pricing on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dolphin1313 said:

Hello PistolPete13,

From the main page, you need to fill in the selection criteria (port , date, etc.) and press <Select> which brings you to the available sailings.  Than select the sailing you want which brings you to a screen with the available offers.  You'll notice above the available offers there is a section that has "1 stateroom/2 people", "add MSC voyager club number", etc.  Select the "+" next to the "1 stateroom/2 people" and change the number of "Adults" and select <Next>.  Than continue from there by selecting the offer you want to get pricing on.

Thank you, seems obvious now but damn, glad I'm not an user interface designer...

38 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Thank you, seems obvious now but damn, glad I'm not an user interface designer...

You're welcome.

Yeah, a while ago they "improved" their website and moved the Number of passengers from the search page to the Offers page.  An improvement only in the minds of the MSC Website development team. lol

• Haha 1