Questions re: 360 on Discovery

elycelynne

1 hour ago, worldtraveller said:

No free photo in March; they took them but you had to pay if you wanted a copy

Same for is in January. There was a charge for the photo. For the price, it would be nice if they did include it, but we went ahead and bought it because it was such a nice New Year’s Eve photo of the whole family. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Discovery Princess for the TSE. I booked a full suite the day after the cruise was released for sail. I’d previously sailed on the Discovery and had previously eaten at 360. Back then, it was invitation only and you would be called about a week before the cruise to reserve a slot. This time it was different and could be booked online and was also available for anyone who wanted to pay.

i didn’t realize this until too late and all the slots were booked in the app. Well the late seating ones. I also had to change the name of the 2nd passenger for the cruise in mid Jan which would have complicated things even more. Upon boarding, I went to the concierge to see if they could find some slots. I was advised that as I had booked early enough, it was complimentary for me, but as my travel companion had only booked after the cut off date, then they would have to pay. I indicated that it was simply a name change and not a new/additional booking. In fact, I showed them an email from Princess to my new travel companion that 360 was available to her on a complementary. 

I had to show that we both had the same reservation number before they relented and stated that it would be complimentary for both of us. That was the easy part. The hard part was getting a slot. As I mentioned in another thread, we were fortunate that they added a new time slot at lunchtime on the penultimate day of the cruise which we gladly accepted and thoroughly enjoyed.

On 4/27/2024 at 10:59 AM, polmcs said:

I was on the Discovery Princess for the TSE. I booked a full suite the day after the cruise was released for sail. I’d previously sailed on the Discovery and had previously eaten at 360. Back then, it was invitation only and you would be called about a week before the cruise to reserve a slot. This time it was different and could be booked online and was also available for anyone who wanted to pay.

i didn’t realize this until too late and all the slots were booked in the app. Well the late seating ones. I also had to change the name of the 2nd passenger for the cruise in mid Jan which would have complicated things even more. Upon boarding, I went to the concierge to see if they could find some slots. I was advised that as I had booked early enough, it was complimentary for me, but as my travel companion had only booked after the cut off date, then they would have to pay. I indicated that it was simply a name change and not a new/additional booking. In fact, I showed them an email from Princess to my new travel companion that 360 was available to her on a complementary. 

I had to show that we both had the same reservation number before they relented and stated that it would be complimentary for both of us. That was the easy part. The hard part was getting a slot. As I mentioned in another thread, we were fortunate that they added a new time slot at lunchtime on the penultimate day of the cruise which we gladly accepted and thoroughly enjoyed.

Don't feel bad.  360 on TSE was messy to be nice.  We were in the Sky Suite which we booked the day it went on sale to Elites.  We had booked our 360 experience with the Suite Experience Manager, onboard, in January.  The reservation was confirmed 3 weeks out with the shoreside suite concierge. Upon boarding, we had no reservation.  We had to fight and show we had emails and whatsapps from multiple Princess sources to get our reservation honoroed.  Epic fail.  That said, Magdalena is awesome.  She greatly enhances the experience and we enjoyed our second visit with her much more than our first with Johanas.

Edited by DoctorTDog
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DoctorTDog said:

Don't feel bad.  360 on TSE was messy to be nice.  We were in the Sky Suite which we booked the day it went on sale to Elites.  We had booked our 360 experience with the Suite Experience Manager, onboard, in January.  The reservation was confirmed 3 weeks out with the shoreside suite concierge. Upon boarding, we had no reservation.  We had to fight and show we had emails and whatsapps from multiple Princess sources to get our reservation honoroed.  Epic fail.  That said, Magdalena is awesome.  She greatly enhances the experience and we enjoyed our second visit with her much more than our first with Johanas.

I just read on the TSE roll call (way behind with CC) that a whole bunch of folks incorrectly got an email from Princess stating that they had qualified for complimentary 360 dining. Perhaps that it why there was pushback on my partner, and perhaps others, even though she never received a retraction email. It all worked out in the end for us.