Murder mysterydinner on the Spirit.........

ETski

I'd like to know too! We are on the Spirit now, and we went to sign up, but just missed the guy. We went to the front desk and they put us down and said that they would let us know if we would be able to participate. We haven't heard anything, and we don't have any idea when it is or where.

I can't tell you when it's scheduled on the current Spirit itinerary because I was on the 10-day cruise back in February. I thought the Murder Mystery Dinner was loads of fun. There was no problem at all accommodating the number of people who wanted to participate. The sign-up announcement in the Freestyle Daily indicated that there would be a limit of 96 participants. Well, we ended up with only 32 (4 groups of 8). Each member of a group is assigned to one of the eight characters, all of whom are suspects in the onboard murder of the Captain. Each character is given a barebones script that is tailored to his character. The script is meant to provide guidelines as to the character's background along with hints about potential dialogue. Other than that, the conversations among the eight characters are improvisational, conducted during dinner in Windows. We were told that it might be a good idea to "perform" each of the four scenes as each of the four dinner courses was served (appetizer, soup/salad, entree, dessert). Following dinner, all of the groups convened in the Stardust Theater to find out who the murderer was.

Archived