Liverpool and the Beatles

pappy1022

I stumbled across a posting that commented that Regent had a Beatles tribute band in the Regent theater when the ship was docked in Liverpool. It went on to say that the show was at 5:30 PM and not to miss it. Do all Regent cruises that visit Liverpool have this show and if so, when do you find out if it is scheduled?

An impossible one to predict and it is very difficult to obtain entertainment schedules in advance of your cruise.

There are numerous tribute bands plying their trade (some better than others); I believe Regent had the tribute band the Mersey Beatles on board for an anniversary cruise in July and they gave two performances.

Even if there is no tribute band brought on board then the entertainment team will probably stage a Beatles Dance Party in one of the lounges.

pappy---

I posted on this back in late 2019 on a Thread I am trying to locate.  We were on the second leg of an Explorer August-September BtB. Segment was "Around the British Isles".  

The "tribute" band was:  "The Boys from Liverpool".  They were great. This was publicized for several days in advance in "Passages".  Recall hurrying back from an afternoon excursion.  The Theater was already filling up.  Packed house before 1730H start.  Solid 45-minute show. 

Not to be missed, if offered. 

GOARMY!

Edited by GOARMY
Context

We were on Explorer in 2019, and a group called the Cavern Club Beatles joined the ship in Liverpool. I imagine there are a hundred Beatles tribute bands in Liverpool, but this group was also the house band at the Cavern Club, a place that the actual Beatles appeared at nearly 300 times. They were fantastic!

And related, a visit to the Cavern Club is a must do for Beatles' fans. It was epic! And a fairly short walk from the ship.

We did a British Isles Cruise in 2019.  The Beatles Group on that cruise was also early so they could disembark before we sailed for the next port. Our tour guide on the Beatles tour had a Masters Degree in Music and a minor in Beatles Music.  Our tour could not have been better. That day will always be a highlight of my travels. (We were not on Regent but the tour company was the same)