Price drop after final payment....what can we do?

RMac713

We have two sky suites in April on Beyond.  They really dropped today!  If I booked now I could get a Celebrity suite or aqua sky suite for less than our sky suites.  Can I call and get a price adjustment, or upgrade?  I do not have a TA.

35 minutes ago, RMac713 said:

We have two sky suites in April on Beyond.  They really dropped today!  If I booked now I could get a Celebrity suite or aqua sky suite for less than our sky suites.  Can I call and get a price adjustment, or upgrade?  I do not have a TA.

Worth trying. Our April cruise is down by about $800 (Canadian) - I may call and see if we can get something.....

I'm on the phone right now  She priced it all out and then was surprised I had made my final payment (which was due Jan. 2).  The cost savings for the two cabins would be $4378!  She is seeing if it can be done.  She already made the change and I asked if he refund would be on our Credit Card and then she suddenly needed to check.

Edited by RMac713
  • Like 1

Well, the answer was no.  Price stays the same.  And upgrade only if there is more revenue involved.  I explained I couldn't have done this before the 2nd because of the pricing (I checked before I paid the final payment) and doesn't matter.

Them's the breaks.

3 minutes ago, RMac713 said:

Well, the answer was no.  Price stays the same.  And upgrade only if there is more revenue involved.  I explained I couldn't have done this before the 2nd because of the pricing (I checked before I paid the final payment) and doesn't matter.

Them's the breaks.

Wow, that stinks! Can you add anything to the better suite to make cost a couple dollars more than what you paid?

18 minutes ago, RMac713 said:

I'm on the phone right now  She priced it all out and then was surprised I had made my final payment (which was due Jan. 2).  The cost savings for the two cabins would be $4378!  She is seeing if it can be done.  She already made the change and I asked if he refund would be on our Credit Card and then she suddenly needed to check.

Would cancelling and forfeiting the 25% cancellation penalty still save you some money if you rebooked at the current reduced rate?  Might be worth looking into.  If there's a cost savings, you could explain this to them and ask them for the refund in leu of having you jump through hoops to achieve the discount.  Definitely get the cabin secured before cancelling.

Edited by NorthStarStateCruiser
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, RMac713 said:

Them's the breaks.

Bummer - thought we had a chance when I read your first reponse.

On the phone on hold right now - MAYBE her supervisor can give us the extra $50 OBC  -  better than nothing if we get that.

The price you pay planning and booking ahead I guess ... sigh .....

32 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Would cancelling and forfeiting the 25% cancellation penalty still save you some money if you rebooked at the current reduced rate?  Might be worth looking into.  If there's a cost savings, you could explain this to them and ask them for the refund in leu of having you jump through hoops to achieve the discount.  Definitely get the cabin secured before cancelling.

pricing that out now.  If it is worth it I might book a similar room on costco and then cancel.

• Like 1

Generally after final payment there is no accommodation for price reduction after the end of Cruise with confidence.   You could however upgrade to a higher class as long as the new room is at least $1 more than you paid. 

Having said that I once had the same situation.  The agent said no but my agent called a high level contact at Celebrity and they upgraded us.    This was almost 20 years ago.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cruisinfly said:

I just booked a celebrity cruise and they highlighted their best price guarantee. Not sure why this wouldn't apply to you. https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

Of course it applies but read the conditions for requests after the final payment due date. 

6 minutes ago, cruisinfly said:

I just booked a celebrity cruise and they highlighted their best price guarantee. Not sure why this wouldn't apply to you. https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

Note the timing of the guarantee:

"For a request submitted after the due date of final payment AND the booking is within 48 hours from creation, the following applies:"

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Generally after final payment there is no accommodation for price reduction after the end of Cruise with confidence.   You could however upgrade to a higher class as long as the new room is at least $1 more than you paid. 

Having said that I once had the same situation.  The agent said no but my agent called a high level contact at Celebrity and they upgraded us.    This was almost 20 years ago.

Agree. See what a Royal suite or PH would cost. If it’s a difference of a few hundred $$, that would be worth it and  you should see if they can upgrade to that since it costs more. 

Edited by dcbiker97