Does bidding for an upgrade change you Plus or Premier Package and pricing?

kilili

Hi all,

We booked our cruise during the first week of December  with the Plus Package, so we fall under de 50 dollar pricing.  I am interested in bidding for an upgrade when the window opens.  Since I am new to Princess, I wonder the following:  If the bid gets accepted, will the change be automatic?  If the bid gets accepted, will it change the cost of my Plus Package?  My worry is that they would accept the bid and automatically change me and also change to package to the higher price with me not being able to decline that change.  Thanks in advance for any advice you may send my way.

Clarification please...Is Plus part of the cruise fare package that you booked or did you purchase a separate instance of the Plus Beverage Package for 1 or more cruisers?

If part of the actual booking level then you *should* retain that level through an upgrade.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Clarification please...Is Plus part of the cruise fare package that you booked or did you purchase a separate instance of the Plus Beverage Package for 1 or more cruisers?

If part of the actual booking level then you *should* retain that level through an upgrade.

We booked the cruise fare for two people and upgraded to Plus for 50.00 pp at the time we booked.  

1 hour ago, macandlucy said:

We have the $50 package and also won our bid for our upcoming cruise. There was no additional charge and my account still shows the $50 plus package. 

That’s good to hear.